Notifications
Clear all

A Matter of Focus

aki
 aki
(@aki)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

In Starshatter: The Gathering Storm there's a singleplayer mission mission called "08. A Matter of Focus". I based datafiles of my fork on some arbitrary datafiles coming from one of many packages available on the Web. Of course, I compared them and even merged promising changes (although not all of them; looking at you start.dat!).

All of them have one thing in common: "A Matter of Focus" doesn't work. They're missing pirate fighter class "Raider".

Does anyone recall this mission working (or not)? Do you have CD box somewhere and can check it? Maybe there are some other distributions that have the original "Raider" somewhere?

I can't focus because of this. It was a good pun but I'll see myself out anyway.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by aki

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I have copy of the game but have not played it, any idea how far the mission is in the game.

ReplyQuote
aki
 aki
(@aki)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It's one of the solo scenarios, so it's available right after installation in Mission -> Single Missions -> 08. A Matter of Focus.

I'm still looking through my boxes for the first edition of the game (not TGS), I wonder if that version had it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I will have a look and try get back to you sometime over the next week.

aki liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just checked it and the mission will not load at all, comes up with a number errors including the missing ship one.

The game version is 5.0.0 and it from the original CD of the game.

ReplyQuote
aki
 aki
(@aki)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

@pinback Nice, thanks for checking it!

I dug out some old cracked version of the first release (Starshatter: Ultimate Space Combat or simply Starshatter from 2004) and found 'Raider' files in there. Apparently, it was a corvette pretty similar to the other pirate ship - frigate 'Marauder'. It seems it was replaced in mission 07 with Marauder in TGS release, but it wasn't replaced in 08. Models and textures from 2004 would be outliers compared to TGS ones, so I won't copy it over as is, but at least I'm now certain that it was intended to be a separate ship. Well, at some point in time that is. In the end, I like more ships than less, so I'll try to readd it somehow to open source version.

comp

This post was modified 2 years ago by aki

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote