addendum or "nachtrag"

i noticed the shiplist in the wiki

if you like to be consequent,

no Lynx!

no LRC!

no Lanner!

and

no Interplanetary Shuttle!

all four ships are FD in design and name.

please be consequent, if you removed my shit with this reason,

do it for the rest as well!

(btw, IP-Shuttle, Lynx and the conversion of "uncle bobs" Lanner was introduced by me, for the rest i have no responsability,

if you had only a little respect you would have removed them already, but it seems you haven't.

be as inconsequent as you like, but remove at least the ships i introduced to pioneer, not "we can use this one, because we have no replacement"

this is miserable. really i wished you would have to get on last year with three or four ships without any of mine)

and if you can't "live" without, then make your own!

i would have a replacement for the "IP-Shuttle"

it's called "Maneuverable Cargo Unit".

especially the IP-Shuttle is 100% FE2 geometry, remove it! else it shows only one thing to me...

at all i get the feeling this looks rather like... i have no right word for it ...

just guess, the "natrix" is apart from the name far closer to the FE2 adder as my adder is,

but to change a name would be a sneeze.

seriously even my courier would be farer from FE2 if named different, as the natrix.

i get the feeling this is really a rant against me since a long time.

you said always "NO", but such shows exactly the opposite, the facts speak for itself.

think and think for once what i must feel.

(but sometimes i get the strong feeling that you only laugh about me, i hope it helps you)

FD "didn't liked to leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth", but you leave for sure a very bad taste in mine.

what feeling would such inconsequence leave in you?

you would feel pissed off the same as i do, i'm pretty sure!

2nd interesting fact more ships of mine have vanished, i.e. the "Viper-X",

neither name* or shape are FD, it was broken in textures since the stupid needless flipping of UV.

but you removed this as well, reason?

*besides no one can claim a copyright on a animals name, any of "Adder", "Viper", "Lion", whatever animal is legal.

vipers i.e. exist many, from cars to planes and copters.

one could copyright the design of such a name, but not the name of the animal itself.

not even a "Mc" can be copyrighted as long as it's not used in conjunction with the double bow.

you are even allowed to name your burgershop McMyshop, McDonalds clearly lost such lawsuits, against a small

nobody, at least here in good old switzerland, even a nobody has a right and mostly money didn't plays a role.

simply because we have no jury which could be bribed to easy.

i can only think this is clearly against me and my work and nothing else,

i really get the feeling that your statements are untrue,

at least by looking at such facts...

---

oh, well and i guess the "lanner" on the badge will have to vanish as well (if you like to be consequent with removing elite content).

it's a sprite of a FFE model which was made once for FFED3D by "uncle bob".

it has found it's way into the game by me.

i guess that didn't suits pioneer anymore, just as a X-Wing didn't suits it, right?

---

the "WE" in pioneer has somehow turned to a "I"

i have foreseen it i can say, but...

well, not everybody hears the river talking as loud as me.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Calm down, they are going. There's a pull request at the moment for some things.

You know this stuff doesn't happen in the blink of an eye.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

oh, i'm not yet upraged

a little bit...

sad?

frustrated?

and even

confused?

doesn't matter much, i guess.

ok, good you answered fluffyfreak, not that this was my intention.

but well i guess i owe you something, if i know once what.

at least, i didn't liked to make you angry, that was shitty of me.

i had written a PM, but i didn't sended it 😉

---

would green instead of red have made a difference?

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

A lot of those (interplanetary shuttle, LRC, Lynx, Viper-X, etc) were removed a few weeks ago when LMR was removed because nobody converted them to SGModel.

Lanner remained because jpab took the time to do a excellent conversion to SGModel. Its aready been removed on a branch, which will probably land on master today or tomorrow. We actually would have liked to keep it under a different name, but the model came from FFED3D and we can't find any licensing information for it, so it seems that we can't use it. The shape itself is not a problem, which is why it will remain on the badge (unless someone makes a new one).

Natrix on the other hand was made specifically for Pioneer, and so naturally has a compatible license. It does not use any converted geometry. The fact that it has a similar shape to the Adder doesn't matter - its clearly not the same ship to anyone that compares it to the original Adder.

And for your information, all of this was done without reference or thought to you. Nothing was done to screw you. That would suggest we actually care about you one way or the other, which we don't - we're 100% indifferent. If you want your work in Pioneer, do it the same way as everyone else - via a pull request. I doubt very much that any of this this will make a difference because I've said it before to no avail, but hey, at least its out there. Again.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

it's as close to FFE as my courier i.e. or any other FFE ship

Lanner.gif

unfortunately you can't see the the tail here...

there is no licensing to FFED3D ships (guess why).

finally,

are you sure?

i can't believe it sorry.

the facts speak a own language.

---

but it's useless to speculate or to enerve myself steady about the same old story.

it really doesn't matter to me anymore.

you go your way, i...

let the tribbles grow out of the closet.

---

it would be kind to contact "uncle bob", it's his model

but the undercarriage is "mine", can i get it back?

sorry.

---

prob. i would have liked to participate with you further.

certainly i'm not a bad modeller and have some experiences to share.

but not in this way.

it's not because of removing elite content,

it's the how and foremost the how i (or my models) was treated.

if there would be more transparency in the acting, ok.

to me it was hurting, i say this again, to see most of my models broken,

it's better they are removed as what i had to stand last year.

because i could have talked and argumented how i like, i was always wrong.

i'm often wrong, yes, but always can't be.

it really started with the flipping of the UV

and i knew and said back then that this will lead to a confusion.

but i'm a idiot, i know.

but yeah, i really wished also they would have never be seen in pioneer.

you say it was not intentionally

i say wrong, it was,

the goal was clear with flipping of the UV, and badly maintained models,

-

with the stipulation i had to participate via github, which prob. would have worked.

but computers broke, web access lost, of course i tried my best.

but there was not much help, not as much as for others, why?

-

to me and if you can be real to yourself, for you to.

to me, and you can say what you like, it was a "cheated" game.

i had no chance to "win", not a single. (if winning is the right term here)

to me it seems like someone was working steady against me.

why, i never understood.

this makes me really sad.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I will be closing this thread because this is a non-issue. Why?

It's quite simple really, even in a open-source project you cannot blatantly copy likeness from a copyright IP unless there is written permission for these things to be in the core code, now nothing generally stops a modder from creating this after the the product has been released. But still the owner of the said IP can still come after you. Generally these companies do not because modding is a form of compliment to their work. But regardless of how much developers or the fans of Pioneer like Elite or Frontier, Pioneer should be its own creation. Having mods for various ship types or cities can come after the core game is generally core complete in the way of a conversion mod.

People shouldn't get all bent out of shape over something as trivial as this, this is a direction move from the developers and fans to make the game their own and there is nothing wrong with that. Remember that Pioneer is inspired by Elite and Frontier, that doesn't me copy, it means that concepts are borrowed and that is about it. Plus, the devs and fans of Pioneer really do have the best opportunity to make a great game that could possibly have features other games don't have why not concentrate on making Pioneer a standout than a clone.

But that is just my .02 on the matter.

Closing this because after reading the devs and others comments they have explained themselves several times when there really doesn't need to have been done.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6