Clear all

Elite Dangerous Odyssey

Page 1 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This will be the next expansion to ED which is due to arrive in early 2021

Slowly it looks like ED is implementing SC style features into this game, will be interesting to see what exactly will be in this game. Still have yet to grab this one, will pick it up eventually during a steam sale at some point.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Took Frontier long enough!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @geraldine

Took Frontier long enough!

<chortles>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

IIRC was this mentioned in the kickstarter and this feature should have been in the game years ago as in any of bigger budgets space sims, boots on the ground is now a required feature.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet like in NMS or if it will only be selected handcrafted planets. Now even though ED has been a little slow with implementing this more advanced features that were promised, they do have a solid base to work from. It seems from all the videos I have watched the space aspect of the game is solid and flushed out for the most part. So now working on more immersion is in order. I think SC should have done some of that instead of working on everything at the same time.

But with FD background with the Jurassic Park game they should be able to put together some first person style of gameplay and environments, but only time will tell. I am sure we will get a better trailer closer to xmas.

This post was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @sscadmin

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet...

That would surprise me, but you never know!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet like in NMS or if it will only be selected handcrafted planets. Now even though ED has been a little slow with implementing this more advanced features that were promised, they do have a solid base to work from. It seems from all the videos I have watched the space aspect of the game is solid and flushed out for the most part. So now working on more immersion is in order. I think SC should have done some of that instead of working on everything at the same time.

But with FD background with the Jurassic Park game they should be able to put together some first person style of gameplay and environments, but only time will tell. I am sure we will get a better trailer closer to xmas.

Given that ED is more realistic you might see it on the odd planet in the goldilocks zone but I don't think they will be doing anything like the stuff you find in NMS.

I wonder if they Will be adding station interiors and city's to the game or will it just be outpost for teams to battle around. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looking good I must say

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

They are definitely copying SC here, but they are doing it quicker with a smaller team heh

Posted by: @pinback

I wonder if they Will be adding station interiors and city's to the game or will it just be outpost for teams to battle around. 

This video answers your question:

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They are definitely copying SC here, but they are doing it quicker with a smaller team heh

Posted by: @pinback

This video answers your question:

From what I have I read it's more NMS than SC as there's no in ship part you just land and then teleported out side of your ship like NMS and the base or station acts as a hub again like NMS. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some gameplay footage of the FPS from the pre Alpha, looks very average and maybe a desert planet is not the best setting to showcase your game.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Ugh average is right .... but its alpha footage too but definitely looks like this won't be ready to the end of the year ... the ground combat has a lot of work to do to get that right.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New video of a station tour, still looking very generic, the footage looks like it could have come from any game made in the last ten years and for some odd reason I kept thinking X Rebirth. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is a nice alpha gameplay impressions video:

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I just noticed they are charging $40 for this DLC 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1336350/Elite_Dangerous_Odyssey/  

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Think they have charged that with all their expansions, best to wait 2 years then pick it up for a fiver after all their not at exactly doing anything that others have not done before.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

It's a shame ED never grabbed me, as I had the lifetime expansion pass.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like they have added in some Plants and did they pinch that scanner from Mass Effect?.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Talking of exo-plants, here's a short I think I've posted before...

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I just read this today.... FD should fix this issue:

All Elite Dangerous: Odyssey players will gain access to the new features, including planetary improvements, enhanced lighting, and textures. The differences will mean that Elite Dangerous: Horizons players cannot share a gameplay session with those playing Odyssey. However, Odyssey owners will be able to share a session with and play with those in Horizons by launching the game in Horizons mode – though if they do this, they will temporarily not have access to the new Odyssey features.

Even Space Engineers will allow players to play together sharing DLC content.... yeah there is restrictions like the players can use items. But they are not allowed to create the new content unless they buy the DLC but they are allowed to use it if the person that owns the DLC makes it for them. If Keen Software can do that so should they. Just wrong of them to do this, nice way to make people upgrade to keep playing with their friends 😡 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New trailer for the game, so I guess it must be out now or soon.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Watched this and if I was RSI/Cloud Imperium I would be a little worried Elite going to take some of their business because this has a lot of the same gameplay features as SC with this new update. It is looking pretty nice I have the game on my desktop I just can't seem to get into it... its kinda boring, or maybe I just suck at it haha

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

its kinda boring

Jump, scoop, honk... jump, scoop, honk!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Frontier are competing with Egosoft to see who can make the most boring game ever. 🤣 

Cody liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's getting a good kicking in the Steam reviews, most complaints are about stability and bugs.

Looks like Frontier have used the same tester as Egosoft did for XRebirth. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2