Notifications
Clear all

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

Page 1 / 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I know this is a short trailer, but I hope they get it right this time. The first Deus Ex was amazingly good game, the second one not so much. But this trailer definitely shows some promise with the story.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-deus-ex/63061 [/gametrailers]

Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

The trailer is good but we'd expect nothing else from the people behind the Final Fantasy games. It's just a shame they didn't manage to show any of the game itself. For people who played and loved the first game it's going to be a nerve-wracking wait to find out if number three in the series can live up to those very high standards.

Interesting myth, the Deadalus/Icarus myth although it doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Even supposing a man could fly on artificial wings how does he burn himself on the sun? Taking Earth's atmosphere into account, the higher he flew he would first freeze then get fried by cosmic radiation....

Pity the Greeks. They knew naught of what they dreamed (they were also too quick to accept presents from Trojans...). 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have been waiting almost as long for a proper sequel to Deus Ex as I have for FFE. I hope it's going to be great, but time will tell. 🙄

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Geraldine wrote:
I have been waiting almost as long for a proper sequel to Deus Ex as I have for FFE. I hope it's going to be great, but time will tell. 🙄

Hold my hand, Geraldine. We'll huddle together for warmth while we wait. 🙄

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Well the trailer looks fantastic 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Stardreamer wrote:
Hold my hand, Geraldine. We'll huddle together for warmth while we wait. 🙄

😆 Mind you, there are quite a few games out there that should have had great sequels by now. Some that spring to mind are Hostile Waters

Zeewolf 2

... L&index=12 Have a look at those other great Amiga games videos while your there folks! 😉

System Shock 2

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Geraldine wrote:
😆 Mind you, there are quite a few games out there that should have had great sequels by now. Some that spring to mind are Hostile Waters

Zeewolf 2

... L&index=12 Have a look at those other great Amiga games videos while your there folks! 😉

System Shock 2

Hostile Waters was essentially a modern (for the time) take on Carrier Command, which IS finally getting a sequel. I'm more worried about this being faithful than I am about Deus Ex, to be honest. I'm not sure the gameplay in HW was up to much but the Tom Baker voiceovers and Warren Ellis script were fabulous.

Zeewolf I never heard of. Reminds me of Hunter on the Atari ST, or even good old Virus/Zarch. Any idea where I can get a couple of files for emulation? Hmm, Hunter...haven't played that for a while...

As for System Shock 2, didn't that recently get a couple of sequels? 😛

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I do like the fact that Square Enix is the one creating the game, they generally don't release a game until it is done. What I loved about the original Deus Ex was thinking about what you had to do, watching patrol routes to get the timing down, picking the right hardware for the job and the stealth. Deus Ex is like 10yrs old and they haven't produced anything like it yet... yeah Splinter Cell is pretty good as well (but I like the scifi theme better).

If anything DE3 will have some good cutscenes 🙂 Square Enix is the best at making them hands down.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats great news Stardreamer about Carrier Command. I will look forward to that. Zeewolf 1&2 were a sublime little games that were an Amiga exclusive, well overdue an update. David Braben did a sequel called Virus 2000, but its very difficult to get to run on modern systems.

Had a look at the Hunter game and there is a review of the Amiga version here: http://www.lemonamiga.com/?mainurl=http ... bmit.y%3D7

😉

System Shock 2 had some "so-called" sequels, but not a patch on the atmospheric original. I mean, I used to think that monkeys were cute and cuddly! 😮 And don't even mention the nannys! 😯

Back on topic, yes I too hope Square Enix can finally do a decent Deus Ex sequel. It would be great if they could get some of the original dev team involved in the project. I was worried before Fallout 3 came out and was pleasantly surprised, but when another dev company takes over a well established game franchise, it's always a worry

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Geraldine wrote:
System Shock 2 had some "so-called" sequels, but not a patch on the atmospheric original. I mean, I used to think that monkeys were cute and cuddly! 😮 And don't even mention the nannys! 😯

Ha ha - just my little joke. Calling Bioshock a sequel to System Shock is heresy in some circles. For me it's not even a 'spiritual sequel', merely a carbon copy of the original design with prettier graphics. Yahtzee said it best. 🙂 but I wholly agree with you about the monkeys, nanny and others. That entire game's roster of bad guys freaked me out like no game since. I've been longing for someone to scrape out the bad guy speech and sounds for private usage but of all the sounds in the game these ones never appear..... 😥

Quote:
Back on topic, yes I too hope Square Enix can finally do a decent Deus Ex sequel. It would be great if they could get some of the original dev team involved in the project. I was worried before Fallout 3 came out and was pleasantly surprised, but when another dev company takes over a well established game franchise, it's always a worry

Ah, right. Stick to the topic... What's more worrying than usual in this case is that the new devs are Japanese. Have you seen the stuff that comes out of that country? I'm terrified DX3 will have random battles for XP level up and feature characters with big eyes and crazy-spiky hair.

Japanese story-telling is often strange from a western perspective, too. 😕

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

If Square Enix is doing it,I hope its not going to be turned based with some Pokemon things

in it. 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Stardreamer wrote:
Ah, right. Stick to the topic... What's more worrying than usual in this case is that the new devs are Japanese. Have you seen the stuff that comes out of that country? I'm terrified DX3 will have random battles for XP level up and feature characters with big eyes and crazy-spiky hair.

Japanese story-telling is often strange from a western perspective, too. 😕

😆 Yes I know, we will have to start a new thread specially for System Shock 😆 No Nanny's though! 😡

If its sound sets you are interested in Stardreamer, have a look at this http://www.sshock2.com/ss2mmdb/themes.htm

Only for Windows 95/98 although perhaps something could be salvaged for modern OSs 😉

Anyways, I didn't know Square Enix were Japanese. This actually might be a good thing as judging from the video, we might be looking at a pre-equal, when mechs were the newest tech available before nano augmentations. I thought of Agent Hermann as soon as I saw it. Japan in my mind at least, is the home of the mech. So perhaps they can make something special.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)

Quote:
Anyways, I didn't know Square Enix were Japanese. This actually might be a good thing as judging from the video, we might be looking at a pre-equal, when mechs were the newest tech available before nano augmentations. I thought of Agent Hermann as soon as I saw it. Japan in my mind at least, is the home of the mech. So perhaps they can make something special.

You're right, Geraldine. Human Revolution is set 25 years before the first Deus Ex. From wikipedia:

Quote:
The game takes place during the year 2027, 25 years before Deus Ex. Nanotechnological augmentations have yet to be developed and biomechanical augmentations are the current state of the art. The main character, Adam Jensen, is a private security officer with a company that specializes in these augmentations. He witnesses a chilling attack on his company, and "the conspiracy begins."[9] Adam Jensen will be voiced by Elias Toufexis.

Five metropolises are included and Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal have been confirmed.[10] In addition, the protagonist will have his own apartment where he may store his secrets and collected information. The events in the game will lead to the formation of UNATCO from the original game.[5] A statement released Nov 2009 revealed that Square Enix are to collaborate with Eidos Montreal, in providing them with the cinematic trailers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I see, reading between the lines there from your wiki quote, it looks like Eidos Montreal will be putting a lot into the storyline as they will be doing the cut scenes. Now all I have to worry about is the actual game play and were the heck is Warren Spector? Why is he not involved! 🙁 I know he left Eidos and started his own firm, Junction Point and is working on this Wii game

http://gameinformer.com/mag/mickey.aspx

Edit: also uncovered this interview Warren did back in 2007 were he talks about the creation of the original Deus Ex

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... 2&site=pcz

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thought I would paste (for your information) a post I made on the Frontier Forum concerning The Nameless Mod for Deus Ex 1. I know many of you will already know about this, but just in case there is someone out there who doesn't...

"The backstory, its odd, at times totally silly, but above all fun, based on what happens when a flame war breaks out on the virtual world of the Planet Deus Ex forum. The mod was several years in the making by a lot of very obsessed DE fans and just like the original DE, has branching storylines with different endings. "

"Here is a link to the mod if anyone is interested

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless-mod

It goes almost without saying you will still have to have the original Deus Ex installed first and get the latest Nameless Mod patch too.

Also while your at it have a look at the Project HDTP mod, http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-hdtp

which gives the graphics a little polish too and is compatible with the Nameless mod "

Have fun folks! 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The new Deus Ex 3 trailer is awesome.... 🙂

Square Enix can make some amazing CGI video. They just need to create their own movie studio and start pumping out the scifi cgi movies. Deus Ex 3 sounds like it is going to have a nice story.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-deus-ex/100909 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wow,......................that looks so good! 😯

That bit were he punched the wall.......... 😯

I want this game yesterday! 😎

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Was on Steam there and because Deus Ex is 10 years old they are selling off DE1 & 2 together for £2.98. Here is a link http://store.steampowered.com/sub/296/

Offer ends 3pm Pacific time on June 23rd, so be quick if you want em!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Was on Steam there and there is some new screen shots which have been put up with release date of February next year. Here is the link http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I was reading my PS3 magazine and they had an interview about DE3 and one thing I thought was great was that they said you can win the entire game without ever killing anyone. 🙂 Looks like they are taking the game back to what was successful in the first one. If they have all the gadgets and cybernetics enhancements it will be great. But they do have to have the RPG element done well so your attributes and mods do make your character unique.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh this trailer kicks ass... check it out.

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-deus-ex/702812 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes! I can see much which is familiar with the original game, the (Hongkong?) nightclub, the copter dropping you off for missions and the bots. Also love the new gadgets, that anti-personnel mine launcher thingy looks really cool 🙂 Oh I do hope they do this game justice 😕

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Definitely Farcodev. I know when I played the first two (mainly the 1st) I loved playing the hacker/stealth role in the game and I thought it was very well done and challenging. If they can just recreate the 1st game with better gfx I would be very pleased. But it would be nice to have some good tech/progression trees and various game style choices. And like I said before, they say you can complete the entire game without ever killing anyone 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Little bit more info on the game in this interview:

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-deus-ex/703761 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

More CGI action...

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-deus-ex/704606 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3