Notifications
Clear all

Infinity: Quest for Earth

RedRiver
(@redriver)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/index.php

Infinity is a massively multiplayer online game set in a persistent futuristic universe, currently in development.

Infinity features an advanced procedural engine allowing for a seemingly infinite galaxy of unique star systems and planets to discover and explore, including seamless planetary landing. Infinity offers new and existing players an extensive storyline following the complex and often intricate political and social interactions of hundreds of corporations, organizations, and reputation groups through the games three primary factions: the Centauran, the Deltan Federation, and the Star Fold Confederacy.

Infinity employs an open-ended world design, in which a player can control everything from a small shuttle to massive military dreadnaught, a single mining operation to an entire vast corporate empire, all without having to change characters. A completely player-skill based game design, Infinity sheds the need for character classes and skills by embracing self-balance over arbitrary limitation, allowing players to choose their own path to make their name across the galaxy.

Although all players are expected to act in concordance with their personal motivations, Infinity is not a traditional role playing game. The actions of a single player greatly affect the evolution of their character. Your character might grow from their humble beginnings as a young military officer to become the master of a vast corporate empire, or even a wanted mercenary and pirate.

The game mechanics do not emphasize any particular game play style - combat, trade, exploration, social relationships, you are free to choose your own path and goals. Players can choose from a number of interesting character backgrounds that serve as your characters personal history, circumstances, and setting in the Infinity universe to help ground new players in their new boundless horizon of stars. The only limit is your own imagination!

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hello Redriver

You know theres an entire section of the fourm dedicated to Infinity. 🙂

infinity-quest-for-earth-f18/

ReplyQuote
RedRiver
(@redriver)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
Hello Redriver

You know theres an entire section of the fourm dedicated to Infinity. 🙂

infinity-quest-for-earth-f18/

that's good enough.

thought I'd post in this section as well in case some folk missed MMO one since Infinity is not MMO yet but is indie project.

no telling what will happen to it.. it's entirely possible for Infinity to end up open source SP with MP support and then go from there....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Like to see a single player version of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Infinity is a indie MMO project :). And I guess this thread can stay for those that are wandering around.

You even state it in your spoiler:

Quote:
Infinity is a massively multiplayer online game set in a persistent futuristic universe, currently in development.

Yes it isn't technically a MMO yet because it isn't finished but it is being designed as one. I would have to agree with you on this Pinback. I would be in heaven if a single player infinity game was to be announced. But doubtful this will happen, but could if things fall through on the MMO and they convert to a SP. But I have full confidence that we will see this game reach the finish line.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Darkone wrote:
...I would be in heaven if a single player infinity game was to be announced. But doubtful this will happen, but could if things fall through on the MMO and they convert to a SP. But I have full confidence that we will see this game reach the finish line.

Well your in luck because that is the plan. Single player and Multiplayer seperate versions, that has been the guys (flavians) plan from the get go. Its just how long will it take? I don't want to be an old man when this game is finally released.

ReplyQuote