Notifications
Clear all

Stellar Forces

SteveSmith
(@stevesmith)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

Ever since I played the original Laser Squad (the prequel to X-Com) I've loved playing that style of squad strategy set in a scifi world, especially when played against other people, which I think is far more fun than AI. With that in mind I've created my own game called Stellar Forces. In it, each player controls a group of units and play against another human player (or even 2 or 3 others). Depending on which mission you choose (there are now over 50), you must do things like destroy your opponents units, try to escape or destroy some installations etc...

For those who have played X-Com or UFO:AI, it plays like the mission sections of those games. I started it just over a year ago and have been adding bits and pieces to it constantly. Its turn-based like a PBEM, so when your opponent has taken their turn you get an email, so it's a very casual game to play. Lately I added the feature to playback the whole mission so you can see exactly where you went wrong (or right 🙂 ).

Here's a screenshot and a (rudimentary) video to give you an idea of what it's like. Graphics are not my strong point as you can see, but I personally really enjoy playing it. 🙂 All feedback is more than welcome, as I'm constantly trying to improve it.

Thanks,

Steve

http://www.stellarforces.com/

sf_ss31.png

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice concept Steve. I do like the flow of one turn per day type of thing with less pressure of being stuck to your screen for a while trying to complete a map. Was trying to find some info on some questions but couldn't locate the answers.

Do players receive anything for winning a match that can be used to help them in another match or give them better gear for their squad?

And since it is turned based do you see the opposing team on the map when playing? I didn't see any in that video you posted.

Will add Stellar Forces to the game list. I will try to register soon and try a game out. And great job on all the updates for the game. Nice to see the little things 😉

ReplyQuote
SteveSmith
(@stevesmith)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the comments. Being a busy family man etc.., I haven't got time to play realtime multi-player games at certain times. I just grab a few moments when I can. 🙂

Regarding winning, there is a "campaign mode", where players get to keep the surviving units from one mission to the next, who are then rewarded with stats increases if they win a mission making them better units. It makes for a far more trepidating (if that's even a word) game!

The video I created isn't that exciting unfortunately! You do see the opposing units in the game when playing, but obviously only if one of your units can see them. There is also a "strategic scanner" which shows any any units spotted by your units during your opponents turn, so if one of them pop into view you will know about it.

Cheers, and look forward to seeing you in the game!

Steve

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

have it on other pc interesting game in a good way

ReplyQuote