Notifications
Clear all

Lost my mods - need help with links!

XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, unfortunately I've initiated a formating on a disc, don't know exactly how, and pufff....All my Freelancer stuff is lost together with some other game patches, mods and notes. The disk is corrupt and won't read anymore.

Will have to make a hard disk scan on my older laptop to maybe retrieve some files but I better go play lottery...

All I have left is a Editor note in german. A sort of mod manager espcially for FL (don't recall the exact name) and necessary for some mods to run is also gone.

Thanks very much for providing me with some links to download for FL !!

Cheers,

XenonS

[Retrieved]:

FL Data Storm, I don't recall for what it is ? luckily I found the FLD20DSetup.exe 3.629 kb. Is this the installer?. == I think this one is needed for some mods.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Feel free to upload any mods you got that SSC doesn't to the download area for FL. I want to say that is for Data Storm but I honestly don't remember any more 🙂

You could also ask at The Starport website and I am sure they could lend a hand as well.

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

I'll have a peek and upload the tools & mods I have that aren't listed here later today - I've got quite a few.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Some Freelancer mods have been lost to time, like...tears in the rain and need to be preserved. I did this myself with some Homeworld mods ages ago and this is the only place I can find that has them now so good move Gunbladelad!

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Topic starter  

Good news:

I was able to retrieve the old link (Lancer Reactor) which I used to download mods and files years ago, and it seems still active:

http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/download/default.asp?game=Freelancer

Also I highly appreciate that important files are here on the site 🙂

The 'FL Data Storm' is a tool which shows all the maps of Freelancer with the current obects etc.

My 'How to edit' in German is also useful, will translate it to English and publish it here if I got the time.

I think I'm lucky afterall  == End of Alarm for me == 🙂

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

I should add that FL Datastorm only works with Freelancer mods that install to the default directory, and won't work with ones that use custom folders - such as Discovery 4.86 onwards and its spin-offs.

Freelancer Companion (which has been up on this site since 2012) might give less details (Datastorm gives bribe locations & details of wreck loot - Companion doesn't), but Companion has the advantage of being able to work with any folder location at all.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

http://the-starport.net has just about everything Freelancer you might need.

If you're missing anything you can't specifically find, post here and I'll have a look to see if I have a copy - then I will upload here.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Topic starter  

Thank you all very much for your help and links 😎 I think I can reconstitute the content my old disk, there were not too many mods, I recall one named 'Phoenix' although I had never the time to play it.

I wanted to look at that disk to compare it with the mod discussion here on the board when this hazard has occured... But new days - new disks... I'll get past to that.

Highly appreciate, cheers,

XenonS

ReplyQuote