Playstation 15th An...

Notifications
Clear all

Playstation 15th Anniversary

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Well technically this year is the 16th anniversary of Sony little grey box as it was realised in Japan in 1994, but it the 15th for the US and Europe.

I think I got mine in 96 mostly because I spent about half an hour watching some one else play Tome Raider in the Virgin Mega Store and I was just awe struck by the game. Funny thing was when I bought the PS1 and game I did not buy a memory card and it was a week before I could back down to the shops to get one. So I got to know that first level of tomb raider very well. 😆

Remember the T Rex from the demo disk, damn it still looks good. 😎

So any one got gaming memories of the PS1.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I never owned the original PS1 because I was a dedicated PC gamer at that time. But I believe the PS1 was the first non 8/16bit console am I correct? I do remember playing over a buddies house Resident Evil (yes the first one) and was in awe at the graphics. How 15yrs can change things.... you can play some of the PSOne classics on the PS3 and some I feel are unplayable because of the graphics. We are spoiled gamers now 🙂

Think the only next step there is now is 3D virtual reality or a Holodeck

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nope there was whole load of them realised around about the same time Playstation Saga Saturn,3DO,amiga CD32,Atari Jaguar all of them were 32 bit, not sure which one was the first. Its strange how some games have age really well yet other can look really bad.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looks like the Amiga CD32 is the winner for the first 32bit console...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... eration%29

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

No it the FM Towns Marty but it was only released in japan.

Sony sold a few PS1, 102 million. 😮 no one else own one. 😆

ReplyQuote