Notifications
Clear all

Classic Space Combat Game "Armada"

Irony
(@irony)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello! After getting a hearty welcome on the board, I'd like to introduce you to our latest game for Android, called Armada - Mobile Space Combat.
It's heavily inspired by Wing Commander, at least from the interface side of things. Missions are a bit simple and short (this actually on purpose because of mobility) and there is no story (due to lack of manpower). The controls need a few minutes to get used to, but then they are pretty effective, for lack of a better word.

As there are not too many 3D space combat games on mobile, maybe you like to take a look.
The game has not ads but is in the infamous "free to play" category, wich means you can make in-app-purchases. In my humble opinion, it is very fair in this regard. You can play a long time without paying anything. But please decide for yourself.

Here is the Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironman_project.armada

Signing off!

UtilityFunction
(@utilityfunction)
Crewman Registered

Hi. I had a quick play of this, I quite like the ship upgrade menus. I see you also had the same issue as me with joystick control / sensitiveness in my own games.

How many people worked on this game - or is it just yourself?

ReplyQuote
Irony
(@irony)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey, someone actually replied 🙂

You are right with the controls, they appear ridiculously simple for me of course, but most people are struggling at the beginning.

What is pretty bad that I had some bug in it, but after I fixed that it actually was worse for a lot of people... That's why I have added the sensitivity setting.

It was more or less just me plus a lot of external resources - models, textures, sounds, music, voice acting... but basically, I have exchanged two years of social life for a mobile space sim. Not too bad a deal 😎 , but I wouldn't recommend to too everyone.

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered

Hehehe do you have any promotional vid?

Do you want a spanish text translation? I can make it 🙂

ReplyQuote