Notifications
Clear all

Starbase Gunship just launched for iOS

CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I'm the developer of a new sci-fi sim called Starbase Gunship. The iOS version of the game was just launched today on the App Store and we hope to release an Android and PC version within the next month or two. Check out the trailer:

StarbaseGunshipPromo-v02-small.jpg

You can grab the iOS version from the App Store.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Nice one, looks like a solid game.

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

SolCommand, thanks! This is crazy, I was literally about to use one of your models in this game! I love your work and was thinking about using the Anna-V but went in a different directing in the end.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice 😎 CapitalMedia will you be enhancing it for the PC.

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Yes, there will definitely be a PC/Mac version coming in early 2013.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice looking game there CaptialjMedia, and who wouldn't pick this up for .99 🙂

Any plans for additional content (ie: areas, enemies, weapons, starbases) and can the attackers try to board the starbase? Where you might have to spend money on marines to keep it safe. Will be nice to see this come to the PC and Android.

Also, CaptialjMedia. If you need a forum area to discuss your game I can make one for you no problem as a subforum off of the mobile section, just say the word. I'm asking because I didn't see a forum on your site.

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

@DarkOne, thanks! Yes lots of plans, of course they kind of depend on how the game does 🙂 So far it's my first game to not even get listed under "New" on the app store, so not going so well (I lost out out a game called "blackjack%", that's right, percentage sign). 

Currently there is 1 mission in the game and it features 26 waves of enemies. This takes a while to get through so it's a lot of content, but I would like to add new missions including new bases to defend, and a target practice Asteroid Alley mission. 

Great idea about boarding the bases!

This game is also part of a larger story that will take place over several games including a strategy game coming out in spring 2013. 

Thanks for the forum offer, so far there hasn't been much of a demand for a community but if I find there is then this would be a great place for it!

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Oh and if anyone wants to help spread the word, you can vote up the game on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/user/capitaljmedia/

Or share our feature on iPhoneLife.com:

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/97/starbase-gunship-now-available

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

New update coming soon for Starbase Gunship! For anyone who has completed the first mission, you'll now be able to play 2 new missions and face the powerful Drone Factory Ship. Here's a top secret screenshot:

StarbaseGunship-Screenshot-v1-1.png

ReplyQuote
Dryson
(@dryson)
Crewman Registered

Not bad. I would enhance the game to make the enemy ships come in from different vectors or headings so that the action is intense and not predictable.

I lost interest after ten seconds of just watching the player ship rotate left and right or up and down and shooting missiles and weapons fire at the enemy ships all traveling in a straight line.

Perhaps you should place the player inside of a turret on the station where they have to switch turrets in order to defend the station and then have free space fights away from the station.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Would be nice to see this come to the PC or even android since I don't own a apple product 🙂

ReplyQuote
CapitaljMedia
(@capitaljmedia)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, Starbase Gunship has just launched on the Mac App Store. Still working on an Android and Windows version, but for now if you have a Mac then check it out at: http://bit.ly/starbase_mac

Please share with any Mac owner friends to help spread the word 🙂

ReplyQuote