Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone played Sol: Exodus

JonnieR
(@jonnier)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

This game is being offered for $9.99 on steam. Has anyone played it or otherwise know about it. The name is Sol: Exodus.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I haven't played it but I have my eyes on it. Currently I'm waiting for a few more patches to come out before I play SOL just to make sure my experience will be a good one with this game. I'm doing this basically with any games I play, even AAA titles.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Good sign is that Seamless Entertainment are pumping out the fixes as they are reported, Sol Exodus is already on v1.8.

ReplyQuote
PixelMonkey
(@pixelmonkey)
Petty Officer Registered

JonnieR wrote:
This game is being offered for $9.99 on steam. Has anyone played it or otherwise know about it. The name is Sol: Exodus.

Well, I think it's great! But, I'm as biased as they come with this game.

SolCommand wrote:
Currently I'm waiting for a few more patches to come out before I play SOL just to make sure my experience will be a good one with this game.

DarkOne wrote:
Good sign is that Seamless Entertainment are pumping out the fixes as they are reported, Sol Exodus is already on v1.8.

Yeah, the guys have been at it all week and week-end. Frankly, the response from the gaming community has been a lot more vocal than we were expecting. We're getting an absolute ton of feedback and suggestions. There will be another big patch middle to late this week, addressing Joystick issues, adding a virtual joystick and a small slew of balance tweaks. I'm currently adding the art for a cockpit view and packing my apartment for a move. Man, I hate moving...

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

Just had a look at some youtube clips of this, looks quite good. Dont know anything about it though. Is it combat based? Whats the general idea behind it?

ReplyQuote
PixelMonkey
(@pixelmonkey)
Petty Officer Registered

Overlord wrote:
Just had a look at some youtube clips of this, looks quite good. [gametrailers]Dont know anything about it though. Is it combat based? Whats the general idea behind it?

It's space combat/shooter. Lots of emphasis on combat. Currently, it's singleplayer only and is story driven and fully voice acted. 8 playable missions and some expansion DLC packs are in the works. We really wanted to make a polished, accessible, story driven space combat game that allowed a player to get in quickly and feel like a bad-ass fighter pilot. The controls play great with a mouse/kb or a cotroller and we're adding to the flight stick compatability list all the time.

Demo is comming very soon, but in the meantime, it's ten bucks and available on Steam.

ReplyQuote