Notifications
Clear all

Remember Strike Commander

DragonWolf
(@dragonwolf)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well I have the feeling that some of you are as old as me, as you gaming career goes, so i was wondering if someone remembered a game called Strike Commander. I'm asking this because I wanted to find a game like it, but never did (except for the wing commanders, but those are in space)

BrianRubin
(@brianrubin)
Senior Chief Registered

Sadly there still really isn't a game like it, as far as I know. Sad too, loved the hell outta that game.

ReplyQuote
DragonWolf
(@dragonwolf)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I also searched for it but all plane simulators are so bland, no real immersion 🙁

ReplyQuote
chaosavy
(@chaosavy)
Senior Chief Registered

hah! I haven't thought about Strike Commander in a while. I still love the F-16 Falcon. I remmember thinking why can't they combine space sim and ground combat? What's was also neat about Strike Commander was how the IRS were the bad guys, right down to the sniveling guy in a suit hehe

ReplyQuote
DragonWolf
(@dragonwolf)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

that brings some notalgic memories , dam, i think i will try looking it up, and play it again

ReplyQuote
z3rokarma
(@z3rokarma)
Crewman Registered

If you're after a Strike Commander like game, then there's always Pacific Strike, which was also by Origin?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/pacific-strike

Also, this is my first post here - Hi! 🙂

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

Oh yeah, I loved that game. I still have it, somewhere. I should see if I can get it running.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

The days of DOS, game companies are sitting on a goldmine of games that can be brought back and just waiting for titles like these to be remade again.

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

oh god. the pixelization, the music, the overall feel... its like the 90s in there..... nostalgia bombing. though, i had a sega back then....

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

I never played the game, but I saw some videos of it. I liked how they took the F-16 and mixed it with Wing Commander, but when it came to flight sims, I always preferred realism to storyline.

I was a big fan of Falcon 3.0 when I was a kid, and I also played a bit of a game called ATAC, which Strike Commander reminds me of.

ReplyQuote