Notifications
Clear all

SWTOR - Join the Fight trailer and Pre-Order

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This is a nice in-game trailer for SWTOR. I will probably pick this up soon, there is just so much to play and so little time because I have also been waiting on Guild Wars 2 to be released as well. And right now I am having a blast playing World of Tanks.

I give it to BioWare the story around SWTOR seems great and they sure know how to make some good trailers... I love Star Wars and especially liked both the KOTOR games from BioWare so I have high hopes that SWTOR will at least meet and exceed these games. I have never been a huge fan of instancing so I hope there will not be too much of it and we can have some freedom in the game.

You can pre-order the game now, which gets you into the beta when it starts.

SWTOR-728x90-Banner.jpg

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Have you gone for the collector edition, there’s was a strange story about it on strategy informer a couple of days ago.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/13 ... ng-for-400

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

It's just too much money for me... at over $150 (I believe) it just isn't worth it to me. As of late I don't play subscription based MMO's for more than 3-6mos usually. Just because content usually runs out, or the community changes on me. I am definitely watching this and I am tied between playing SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 and I am leaning more towards GW2 personally. But it would be nice to play SWTOR for 3-4mos to go through your characters in-game storyline and see how BioWare did on the story. Because up to this point there has been no MMO that has really developed a story around your character like BioWare has for SWTOR. So in just that experience alone I will purchase this soon myself.

I think that will be the big draw personally I think at around 30-90 days you will see subscription fall off because people will probably hit end game story material. I just hope not everyone chooses to be a Jedi or the game will get boring quick in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see it’s been reported that BioWare are claiming the game will be going for decades and they hope to have five hundred worlds by 2025.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... or-decades

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I saw this just before I came to the forums and I think BioWare is being optimistic. The days of the p2p MMO's are slowly dying and the only reason WOW is still around is because they built their following early on. With so many MMO's out there I doubt that they can have this game go for 10+ yrs with the p2p model. I could be wrong, I just don't feel like any p2p game stands a chance on making it that long with a subscription model.I have seen so many MMO's come and go and would very much like to see SWTOR succeed and be around that long, but if they do that they need to make lifetime membership packs 🙂 Because if you don't and you subscribed for all that time until 2025 you would have spent $2500+ dollars on a single game. Thats saying that any content additions are free.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They are being a bit hopelessly optimistic in thinking the game will last for 14 years.

Still given the game is StarWars it should last longer than most.

ReplyQuote