Clear all

Mod - First Encounters Systems

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Mod - First Encounters Systems (full)

full means:

this mod will change a lot of systems and add a few from fe2/ffe.

further it changes the factions and the name generating (adds more names and variations for planets & stations).

it changes also the startup screen to start at the proper systems/stations

(sol and epsilon eridani are still present in the "main_menu" script)

removes auto generated factions

changes default factions

changes Federation faction

changes CIS faction (Alliance)

changes Empire faction

removed systems:

rondel

added systems:

alioth

gateway

achernar (previous releases)

lave (customized)

diso (customized)

riedquat (customized)

leesti (customized)

zaonce (customized)

changed systems:

ross 154 (customized)

van maanen's star (customized)

epsilon eridani (customized)

barnard's star (customized)

ross 128 (customized)

toliman (alpha centauri, unchanged)

proxima centauri (unchanged)

eta cassiopeiae

delta pavonis

altair

fomalhaut

arcturus

epsilon indi

beta hydri

tau ceti

vega

61 cygni

alpha mensae

beta canum venaticorum (unchanged, no seed found)

denebola

sigma draconis

70 ophiuchi

36 ophiuchi

kruger 60 (unchanged)

sirius

groombridge 34

wolf 359 (unchanged)

lalande 21185

54 orionis

of course it changes also "local_stars" and "bright_stars" to dis/enable the customized systems.

Ross 154

th_Bildschirmfoto2013-09-06um194604_zps3

Epsilon Eridani

th_Bildschirmfoto2013-09-06um181114_zps9

Alioth

th_Bildschirmfoto2013-09-06um234256_zpsa

Gateway

th_Bildschirmfoto2013-09-07um121147_zps7

Mod - First Encounters Systems (full):

[attachment=2211:mod_ffe_systems_full.zip]

Mod - First Encounters Systems (light):

this mod won't affect the default factions and changes only "Epsilon Eridani" to start at "Masseyville",

"Sol" to start at "Olympus Village" and adds Ross 154 as starting point.

[attachment=2213:mod_ffe_systems_light.zip]

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Heis's Deal - Gateway

Bildschirmfoto2013-09-08um045930_zpsbaa2

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Think thit mod is more in the frontier spirit than the actual , going to adapt that for the Final release of Genesia ( making a mix with scout+ of walterar ).  

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

prepped the mod(s) for the lates release (201309.27)

[attachment=2214:mod_ffe_systems_full_201309.zip]

[attachment=2215:mod_ffe_systems_light_201309.zip]

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

Finaly i decide to mod only the system Ross154 for Genesia ( i've always like a lot this one in FFE)

It's look like this :

dk4n.png

Also added Van Maanen's Star , The planet Major is very interresting

mrud.png

Thanks a lot Gernot 

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

"the badge with the eagle is cool"

great, van maanen's turned out quite different due to the slight differences in results of the seeding.

besides yes, i guess for genesia you would have to use different seeds (what i used for alpha31 prob.)

to get some of the locations to life, that's with a high chance the case for "Gateway" and "Alioth"

and all the rest of generated systems.

this "allied systems" should work for genesia:

CustomSystemseed(436583914)
--ind, 362242304, 436583912,436583905,436583907,436583908,436583913,
--mining, 436583909
long_desc([[The now famous capital of the Alliance of Independent Systems.
This system was the subject of many battles between the Federation and the Empire over many years,
until in 3230 the Alliance was formed in a massed insurrection against both sets of invaders.
The Alliance has now spread over many worlds, and so Alioth is now an important political centre.]])

:add_to_sector(-2,5,8,v(0.677,0.506,0.383))

CustomSystemlong_desc([[Very high humidity and native life make this an interesting place to visit.
Many exotic food stuffs are grown here. The scenery is strikingly beautiful,
though the wildlife can be a little dangerous.]])

:add_to_sector(-3,5,8,v(0.5,0.6,0.1))

it's what i used for alpha31,

alioth, is prob. still unhibated, at least i checked it quickly in Genesia* and it has no population.

* i have a problem running it in the "wine wrapper", which i use on the macbook to run win32 programs, usually most programs run,

not to well it's a emulation of a win32 machine, it's not quite the same and very slow.

that's why i copied the data of genesia to a OSX alpha31 release, that works, but there might be differences

(it fails to start in "wine", but it seems the data is ok else it wouldn't run in the OSX .app. probably it's a sort of nonconformity of the gnu compiler compiled .exe to what wine expects of a win32 program. of course i could report it to them, they like to know which programs/games work with wine, but i don't like to pester them just because of a game that exists as osx release).

fb7fd593-8fe7-4f93-b4ce-709edabf2941_zps

Bildschirmfoto2013-09-15um200847_zpsb97f

M. Bezier et M. Descartes sont également disponibles 😉

edit:

van maanen's i had to make a fully customized system, because i didn't found a fitting seed, i spent half a day searching one.

it's a lot of work to setup such a large system and the meanest thing is you have no visible value for the diameter of a body in FE2/FFE,

leads sometimes to problems to find a suitable radius for the mass.

next time i copy a FE2 system i will search the running process for the radius of the objects, i know it's present as a table in the program and the value must appear somewhere in the RAM.

to all the system customizers:

please keep in mind that daylength doesn't works for spacestations even if you can (have to!) set the value,

it has no influence to the rotational speed of a station and certainly not on the orbital period.

unfortunately pioneer "needs" this useless data (to trash it?).

you can enter "bullshit" it doesn't have any effect, but without this value it "quits".

if you like to make a "near to" geostationary station, you need to alter the distance of the station to it's parent body

until the orbital period of the station matches the daylenght of the parent body, just like for any trabant.

but still after several orbital periods there will be a difference. "the station would need then a course correction" 😉 .

probably take a look at my customized systems here, some stations are "near to geostationary".

edit2:

a personal wish of mine,

i would find it extremely helpful if i could export the data of a generated system, this would make customizing far easier.

doesn't have to be a working script, just all the data in text file of a system you visit or select would be already great.

personal wish no.2:

there are many systems with wrong temperatures for the bodies in the system, e.g. some close to star planet has a surface temperature of

absolute 0 (-273°C), while prob. the next one has a temp. of lets say 53°C, some generated systems fail completely and all bodies have a surface temperature of -273°C. strangewisely it's similar to FE2, you have the same issue there.

probably that's not to solve, i don't know, but it's at least a little tear in my eyes.

personal wish no.3:

i find it anoying that i can actually only influence population by "life", for customized systems it's near to impossible to have

a "rocky" as inhabited world for proper "mining" or "industrial" systems. it turns obviously in this way always to "complex life",

even if the temperature is out of range and the atmosphere is "argon".

further any setting below and inclusive 5 of 10 turns to a inhabitet system without production or demanding for goods, this i find is a far to high limit

because i.e. 51 of 100 turns already to half a billion ppl, which i feel is far to much for a system somewhere in space where they dig for some ore.

or can't i.e 100 ppl produce something? and won't they demand something? i guess they would pay the highest price even for a comic strip, whatever you will offer them, they will certainly apreciate it much, even if it's only some news from "home".

(very hard to imagine for me what sort of life can exist in a environment of a noble gas, since they fail to react with anything it's absolutely impossible to have indigenous lifeforms, that's chemistry. and that's why earth is so full of life, because oxygene is the most agressive element, i know, i know, first it has to turned to a oxygenated atmosphere and this took roundabout a billion years, hard work for those "little fellows" (anaerobe bacteria), but noble gases wouldn't have worked in no case, everything else from sulfur to nitrogene, but not noble gases, it's impossible. i know some sci-fi they have "argon breathers" or "helium breathers", but really this will never work in no case, you can't breathe something that reacts with nothing, probably methane, but never a noble gas, not even a bacteria, any metabolism needs something to "breathe in" (take in) which reacts with another element to "breathe out" (let out) as a product of a reaction.

erm, i'm a idiot, the word "metabolism" tells this already...

"aqua compo is the best water - why? - it's imported!"

have phun

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

You knows what Gernot? 

You missed me and it is only when I read your comments that it is obvious ^^

Thanks a lot for these two news systems , i've soon make a Genesia update with theses FFE systems ...

ReplyQuote