Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Page 28 / 28

Anonymous

Thanks for this amazing mod/game that I would love to be able to keep enjoying but I stumbled with a problem with combat. The version is G30 (the latest at the time of posting)... The game works flawlessly for hours but I consistently have crashes while fighting...

...In particular when I'm looking at an enemy that's shooting me. The game just stays there frozen with a black screen and my W7 popup asks if I want to wait or close. I don't find any debug data of use I can upload and I have not found any problems so far in my plenty of travels around the universe but this one.

Sometimes the same enemy, after a reload, can be beaten without the crash to happen... I also have observed that I have NEVER been subject to a missile launch which has led me to think that maybe it's related to some effect that triggers when the AI is trying to launch a missile? Just crazy guessing.

Any console command of use here? To at least provide some more usefull data than... "Hey! I'm crashing" 🙁

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

@oreganor Thanks for playing with Scout. 🙂

I have not been able to reproduce the fault you say, in my system. The Pioneer engine has problems with some video cards, especially Intel. Which one do you have?

That failure also occurs with auto combat?

No one has yet implemented missile firing on NPC ships; Is something that I have to do. 😉

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

Broadband enabled! I just downloaded SP30. Now I have to get my avatars to finish the deliveries in their systems and get them to uninhabited systems. For me, there's a nice trade route between Sol and Wolf359. First I jump to Ross128, remember that place? You can never go home again.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Walterar, as promised, there is a bump for you over on [ModDB]( http://www.moddb.com/games/pioneer "ModDB"). Hope you get plenty of folks to try it out! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

I just played FFED3D for a bit. I started in the FE2 position at Ross 154. I confused the name with Ross 128. :s I never even got close to going home again!

ReplyQuote
Gernot66
(@gernot66)
Lieutenant Registered

Will post a little something in this thread.

Amazing!

I peeped into walterars scout+ modules (missions) and i'm overwhelmed.
Plenty of good ideas here!

I can't say if i can adapt them because of release differences but at least i can adapt some ideas.

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered

Find it at Spacesimpics2 at Weebly or check The Pioneer (Developement) Forum.

New mod for Pioneer Facegen that will most likely also work for Scout.. if not, please let me know.

Sample 1

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered

sample2

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

These are great!

ReplyQuote
Matanzan
(@matanzan)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks, Geraldine! Appreciated 😉

There will be more soon, and zipfiles with everything, too...

ReplyQuote
MiltonCummings
(@miltoncummings)
Crewman Registered

Thank you. Your share is very helpful, very good game

ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 28