Notifications
Clear all

Basic flying tutorial

Anonymous
Topic starter  

Hi,

Since I didn't find any basic flying tutorial for Pioneer, I thought I'd start writing one. I have ideas for writing a series of lessons that will make a completely new player (if there are any  ðŸ˜‰  ) familiar with Newtonian motion, docking, orbits, manual navigation and approaching stuff, all manual.

I put the first three (very basic) lessons on the wiki and are working on at least four more for now.

http://pioneerwiki.com/wiki/Basics_Tutorial_Part_1

I hope this is useful and am looking for feedback. It's a wiki, so feel free to edit it.

Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Looks pretty good, although there's a lot to take in.

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

I agree, it is a great start. It does take some reading though especially if English is not your first language or you do not really understand the techinical terms (and there are a couple of typos  Sorry I am an amatuer grammar ninja)

That said, keep going it is good to see content being created. It can always be tweaked at a later time.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Topic starter  

Thanks! I'm not a native English speaker either, so by all means feel free to correct any typos or grammatical errors you find.

I'll try splitting the texts into different pages so it'll look less daunting.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Metamartian
(@metamartian)
Warrant Officer Registered

well as always to the non native english speakers, you type far better english than I ever could in your native language!

My grammar ninja skills are generally pointed towards the unintelligent youth we seem to be breeding in the UK that seems to think tht tipng lyk ths is ok and tht we cn all no wot woz sed. L8ta m8.  Do young texters in other countries also cannablise their native language or is it just the native English speakers??

Also why do young women think it generally accepted that Honey should be hunni? <----Geraldine, be honest have you done this too?

anyway I digress. Keep up the good work diederick76 and if you have any non techinical questions feel free to ask me and I will help out where I can.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Topic starter  
Brianetta wrote:
Looks pretty good, although there's a lot to take in.

User Chronotan has added a section about relative motion, that makes the introduction quite long. I'll move my stuff to a second page, or his text to a specific page with theory.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

ReplyQuote