Clear all

couple of issues

Page 1 / 3

Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I tried to use the issue tracker, but couldn't seem to get registered and logged in ... so I'll post these here.

I just discovered this project, and as a fan of Frontier/FFE from way back, I love it ... but I found some obvious issues that need to be reported.

1. I'm sure there has already been much debate over the pulse-type weapons as opposed to the speed-of-light laser beams from the original game, so I'll assume that you guys made the change because you like the change. But beyond that, the pulses just move too slow. They're slow enough that they don't feel like weapons fire - they feel like somebody jettisoned a chunk of a neon sign and it went floating past your ship. Just increasing the speed of the shot (by a lot), and elongating the graphic to give that streak-of-fire look, would give it the desired feel that somebody was shooting at you, and both players and the AI might actually be able to hit something. Think "machine gun tracers coming past you", and adjust the speed until you get that feel. (Nobody would build a "weapon" that moves too slow to hit its intended target ... that would be like training attack tortoises.)

2. Mouse control has one bad bug: keyboard rotation controls (q,e) are not working while the mouse is being used to steer. This is a pretty big problem, particularly if you're trying to land manually (where being level is awfully important). Also, mouse control only works when holding down the right button - can we get a toggle on that? (It may exist and I just missed it, but I couldn't find the option.)

3. "occupied passenger cabin" on the ship upgrades list in some places (Gates Starport, where I noticed it). What in heck was that about?

Tragically, I'm not a programmer, so I can't "help" in the sense of just running these things down, testing and fixing them for you ... I just have to report them and hope that they don't cause too much stress. I'll probably find more stuff soon enough. Still, I'm trying to be concrete and constructive, without going off on any tangent about adding massive features until after the basics are working. There's plenty of time for that with about release 2.4, instead of Alpha 18.

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Welcome to the forums and to Pioneer!

Ron wrote:
1. I'm sure there has already been much debate over the pulse-type weapons as opposed to the speed-of-light laser beams from the original game, so I'll assume that you guys made the change because you like the change. But beyond that, the pulses just move too slow. They're slow enough that they don't feel like weapons fire - they feel like somebody jettisoned a chunk of a neon sign and it went floating past your ship. Just increasing the speed of the shot (by a lot), and elongating the graphic to give that streak-of-fire look, would give it the desired feel that somebody was shooting at you, and both players and the AI might actually be able to hit something. Think "machine gun tracers coming past you", and adjust the speed until you get that feel. (Nobody would build a "weapon" that moves too slow to hit its intended target ... that would be like training attack tortoises.)

I read this on my phone at a dinner party and got strange looks when I laughed out loud, so thanks for that 😆

This is the second time today I've seen something about increasing projectile speed, so I'd say that's definitely something we need to consider. But I'll keep saying this: nothing about the combat system is set in stone. First we need to change things so that the player regularly gets into combat situations. Once we have that we'll be much better placed to figure out exactly how combat should work. Its then that these kind of ideas will be useful, so keep them coming!

I'll try to remember to make an issue soon to track ideas related to combat.

Quote:
2. Mouse control has one bad bug: keyboard rotation controls (q,e) are not working while the mouse is being used to steer. This is a pretty big problem, particularly if you're trying to land manually (where being level is awfully important). Also, mouse control only works when holding down the right button - can we get a toggle on that? (It may exist and I just missed it, but I couldn't find the option.)

You're in luck! WaveMotion implemented this feature a few days ago. Its available in the latest nightly build and will be in alpha 19 (which will be released on Friday 10 February).

Quote:
3. "occupied passenger cabin" on the ship upgrades list in some places (Gates Starport, where I noticed it). What in heck was that about?

That's a bug. "Occupied passenger cabin" is a special equipment type related to passenger missions. The way it works is that when you take on a passenger, we remove one of your "Empty passenger cabins" and give you an "occupied passenger cabin" instead. There's supposed to be a special-case check to make sure they never appear in the upgrades list, but obviously that's not working right. I'll open an issue for this shortly. It should be a trivial fix.

Quote:
Tragically, I'm not a programmer, so I can't "help" in the sense of just running these things down, testing and fixing them for you ... I just have to report them and hope that they don't cause too much stress. I'll probably find more stuff soon enough. Still, I'm trying to be concrete and constructive, without going off on any tangent about adding massive features until after the basics are working. There's plenty of time for that with about release 2.4, instead of Alpha 18.

Rampant speculation is one of the hallmarks of this forum, so don't feel that you have to be too shy if you really want to throw some crazy ideas around. Thanks for the constructive freedback - we need everyone sending in bug reports and ideas to keep us going. Cheers! 🙂

ReplyQuote
WaveMotion
(@wavemotion)
Petty Officer Registered

Welcome to the forums!

Ron wrote:
(Nobody would build a "weapon" that moves too slow to hit its intended target ... that would be like training attack tortoises.)

If you try combat in the "start game at debug point" option, you'll notice that the AI already has no problem hitting you, since it factors in the speed of the weapon when it aims its shots. That said, nothing about combat is set in stone; the devs have frequently stated that combat will be rebalanced when the game is at a point where the player is entering combat more often than they are currently. This depends on the implementation of other systems, primarily intra-system faster-than-light travel.

Quote:
2. Mouse control has one bad bug: keyboard rotation controls (q,e) are not working while the mouse is being used to steer. This is a pretty big problem, particularly if you're trying to land manually (where being level is awfully important).

I'm pleased to announce that a fix to this bug has been submitted (by yours truly) and will be incorporated into the next alpha or nightly build.

Edit: oops, ninja'd.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well, I noticed the weapon fire problem just because I decided to test it ... I fired a few rounds over a city, just to scuffle with the police fighters. (I remembered that part from Frontier/FFE, and just thought I would use it as an initial weapons test.) The sky turned to a hail of fire really fast, but the only thing that actually hit my ship was a building. (Ouch.) Most of the hostile fire didn't even seem to be going in my general direction. So I'm pretty sure the AI can't hit the side of a barn either, not even at point-blank range and low speed, hovering over a landing platform... unless you just fly into the hail of fire and get hit accidentally.

I might be able to test this, if I knew what I was working with. What's this thing written in, and what kind of programs are you using to edit and compile it? I mean, I might not be a programmer, but I bet I can change projectile velocities (and maybe rate of fire, damage and the like) and test them until something feels right. That part can't be rocket science, can it? (Irony when one is talking about space simulators... I guess rocket science might be exactly what it would be.)

I mean, I'm no programmer, but I've done game mods before. I haven't been living in a storm drain since the beginning of the digital age. (I've been living in China for more than a decade, which is a little bit removed from reality, but not for lack of digitization.) And from the sound of things, I get the feeling that you all are short-handed to the point that any sort of help is good enough.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Ron wrote:
Well, I noticed the weapon fire problem just because I decided to test it ... I fired a few rounds over a city, just to scuffle with the police fighters. (I remembered that part from Frontier/FFE, and just thought I would use it as an initial weapons test.) The sky turned to a hail of fire really fast, but the only thing that actually hit my ship was a building. (Ouch.) Most of the hostile fire didn't even seem to be going in my general direction. So I'm pretty sure the AI can't hit the side of a barn either, not even at point-blank range and low speed, hovering over a landing platform... unless you just fly into the hail of fire and get hit accidentally.

The combat AI assumes it has all of space to work with, so most of the time the police crash into the planet. Try a debug point start (option 3 from the main menu), which gives you a ready-made bad guy with a grudge against you. You'll find that he's more than adept at taking you apart.

Quote:
I might be able to test this, if I knew what I was working with. What's this thing written in, and what kind of programs are you using to edit and compile it? I mean, I might not be a programmer, but I bet I can change projectile velocities (and maybe rate of fire, damage and the like) and test them until something feels right. That part can't be rocket science, can it? (Irony when one is talking about space simulators... I guess rocket science might be exactly what it would be.)

The game core (where the projectile code currently lives) is written in C++. See "Getting started with development" on the wiki. On Linux you need the standard compiler toolchain and a text editor. On Windows you need Visual C++ 2008 or 2010 (the free "express" versions are fine).

Once you've got that running, you can tweak projectile speed by editing the Equip::lasers table at the bottom of EquipType.cpp. The second value is the speed, and is set to 1000.0f for all of them, meaning 1000m/s. Change this up and down as you like. Note that this will change the effectiveness of the combat AI as it currently has hardcoded assumptions about the ideal relative position and orientation to the enemy for firing. That will need to be adjusted to take weapon characteristics into account, but we're not there yet.

Quote:
And from the sound of things, I get the feeling that you all are short-handed to the point that any sort of help is good enough.

We are short-handed, but we're also not in a hurry. Good-quality patches that have the general support of the dev team will be accepted. Rubbish will not.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah, OK, I'll see what I can do about getting all necessary software configured to test that.

I did try the debug start - he was only effective because, in the hail of flak, almost anything would get hit eventually ... and the player is quite utterly unable to land a shot under almost any set of assumptions. I also got the idea that he had a tougher ship or more firepower or both, because he seemed to take quite a few hits with no ill effect. Or maybe I just couldn't hit him enough times because, by the time he got close enough to see, the target lead indicator was three screen widths from his actual ship. Either way....

Still, it doesn't feel like weapons fire. I mean, 1000 m/s is slower than most modern anti-vehicle projectiles (and some hunting rifle bullets, for that matter), and those are intended for stuff that moves around here on earth, not space fighters with 26 G's of acceleration. It's like trying to hit a hummingbird with an arrow. I figure we should be looking at probably ten times that, just as a first guess, to get the feel of being shot at, and then adjust the damage and rate of fire to taste for playability.

I'll test it, if and when I can get set up to do so, and pass along what I find out.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
Still, it doesn't feel like weapons fire. I mean, 1000 m/s is slower than most modern anti-vehicle projectiles (and some hunting rifle bullets, for that matter),

Hehe, yeah I think whoever set the speed didn't know much about modern weaponry 🙂 As you mentioned there are plenty of modern projectile weapons with a muzzle velocity inside an atmosphere greater than 1000m/s.

EG: Barret M82 (Portable Hand-held weapon!) - Muzzle velocity, 853 m/s (2799 ft/s).

Quote:
in modern rifles with high-performance cartridges such as the .220 Swift and .204 Ruger, all the way to 5,700 ft/s (1,700 m/s)

These are only portable, hand-held weapons. If you take artilery and ship cannons ect... basically larger mounted weaponry, the speed jumps up by a large amount.

Quote:
I'll test it, if and when I can get set up to do so, and pass along what I find out.

That would be great. The only reason it has never been changed is precisely because of that... No-one ever bothered to take the time to test out a nice value and change it.

But we all know there's a problem there and something needs to be done, eventually 🙂

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

s2odan wrote:
EG: Barret M82 (Portable Hand-held weapon!)

I _love_ the idea of the M82 being "hand-held" 😆

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

hehe Its certainly pushing the term hand-held isn't it 😆

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Of course the "Light 50" is "hand held" ... but so is the RPG, and the infantry versions of the M-60 machine gun, and the M-79 grenade launcher, and those aren't exactly convenient to use either. My brother was a Marine for a while, and he surely said that the USMC snipers in Iraq used those Barrett .50 rifles pretty much off-hand, just like you would use a reasonably-sized weapon, as often as not. I didn't volunteer to pull the trigger on one that way... I would want that puppy on a bipod thrown over a couple of sandbags, personally.

As for feel of weapons in the game, I figure, however, to look to sci-fi for inspiration. The initial plan is to get the weapons fire looking about like Star Wars, or the old Buck Rogers or Battlestar Galactica weapons ... very retro 1970's sci-fi, but very much what everybody thinks space energy weapons should look like. Going with the decision to use particle rather than beam weapons, I figure to go with the literary classics of projectile energy weapons. And it fits well with the retro classic theme of this whole project - it is, after all, a remake/update on a game from a time when nobody had ever even heard of a "gigabyte". Or maybe I'm just over-thinking this.

But seriously, back to the topic at hand, small problem:

Got Visual C++ up and running - check.

Got the source code file pioneerspacesim-pioneer-alpha18-144-gddee729.zip - check

Found the project file, looked through the code, found where the weapons data could be modified - check ... so far, easy enough, despite that I've never used C++ before.

Tried to recompile it. Tried every option that looked to say "build" or "compile" ... could not, under any set of assumptions, get it to build me a clean version of Pioneer.exe. It always came back with some kind of error, although I couldn't quite figure out what it was talking about.

So did I skip a step somewhere? Is there a particular problem with that source code? (Did I get the wrong version or something?) How come stuff always falls apart just when you think you have it working?

Also, where are the graphics models for the weapons fire, and what kinds of formats do they use? I would like to see if I could cook up something in the way of a long narrow streak of fire with a slight glow around it (in whatever color is appropriate to the weapon), instead of those blobs that look like chunks of a neon sign. Or if somebody who is really good with that sort of thing wants to get that one, I think I already described pretty well what was needed.

ReplyQuote
Ziusudra
(@ziusudra)
Senior Chief Registered

Currently the laser is just the \data\textures\laser.png repeated along the length of the projectile.

Coolhand created a model but the code still needs to be updated to use it.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Also here, which has updated textures: http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/viewto ... =35&t=2116

I have them on a branch and posted some screenshots in that thread. I liked them but found them to be too dark.

With your compiling trouble, it would be helpful if you could post the relevant bits of error.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

OK, you asked for it: Here's the whole readout. I did not do anything to this file except tell it to build, and here is the feedback I got:

1>

Rebuild All started: Project: lua, Configuration: PreRelease Win32

1> print.c

1> lzio.c

1> lvm.c

1> lundump.c

1> ltm.c

1> ltablib.c

1> ltable.c

1> lstrlib.c

1> lstring.c

1> lstate.c

1> lparser.c

1> loslib.c

1> lopcodes.c

1> lobject.c

1> loadlib.c

1> lmem.c

1> lmathlib.c

1> llex.c

1> liolib.c

1> linit.c

1> Generating Code...

1> Compiling...

1> lgc.c

1> lfunc.c

1> ldump.c

1> ldo.c

1> ldebug.c

1> ldblib.c

1> lcode.c

1> lbaselib.c

1> lauxlib.c

1> lapi.c

1> Generating Code...

1> push_pointer_internal.cpp

1> oolua_storage.cpp

1> oolua_push_pull.cpp

1> oolua_error.cpp

1> oolua_check_result.cpp

1> oolua.cpp

1> lua_table.cpp

1> lua_stack_dump.cpp

1> lua_function.cpp

1> class_from_stack.cpp

1> Generating Code...

1> lua.vcxproj -> E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\win32\vc2010\PreRelease\lua.lib

2>

Rebuild All started: Project: pioneer, Configuration: PreRelease Win32

2> pch.cpp

2>e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\Game.h(48): warning C4244: 'return' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(126): warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned

2> E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(98) : while compiling class template member function 'fixedf operator /(const fixedf,const fixedf)'

2> with

2> [

2> FRAC_BITS=32

2> ]

2> e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\mtrand.h(139) : see reference to class template instantiation 'fixedf' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> FRAC_BITS=32

2> ]

2> win32-dirent.cpp

2> Gamma.cpp

2> WorldView.cpp

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(170): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(170): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(171): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(171): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(172): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(172): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1227): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1228): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1246): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1247): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1259): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1266): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1267): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1274): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1275): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1284): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1285): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1292): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1293): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1310): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1312): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1314): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1317): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1318): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1321): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1322): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1325): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1326): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1329): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1330): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1334): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1335): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const float' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1336): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1336): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1557): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1558): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1574): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\WorldView.cpp(1575): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2> VectorFont.cpp

2> utils.cpp

2> TextureFont.cpp

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(61): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(203): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(261): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(303): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(427): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(428): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TextureFont.cpp(439): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> TextureCache.cpp

2> Texture.cpp

2> TerrainHeightWaterSolidCanyons.cpp

2> TerrainHeightWaterSolid.cpp

2> TerrainHeightRuggedLava.cpp

2> TerrainHeightRuggedDesert.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsVolcano.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsRiversVolcano.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsRivers.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsRidged.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsNormal.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsCraters2.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMountainsCraters.cpp

2> TerrainHeightMapped.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> TerrainHeightHillsRivers.cpp

2> TerrainHeightHillsRidged.cpp

2> TerrainHeightHillsNormal.cpp

2> TerrainHeightHillsDunes.cpp

2> TerrainHeightHillsCraters2.cpp

2> TerrainHeightHillsCraters.cpp

2> TerrainHeightFlat.cpp

2> TerrainHeightAsteroid.cpp

2> TerrainFeature.cpp

2> TerrainColorVolcanic.cpp

2> TerrainColorTFPoor.cpp

2> TerrainColorTFGood.cpp

2> TerrainColorStarWhiteDwarf.cpp

2> TerrainColorStarM.cpp

2> TerrainColorStarK.cpp

2> TerrainColorStarG.cpp

2> TerrainColorStarBrownDwarf.cpp

2> TerrainColorSolid.cpp

2> TerrainColorRock2.cpp

2> TerrainColorRock.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> TerrainColorMethane.cpp

2> TerrainColorIce.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGUranus.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGSaturn2.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGSaturn.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGNeptune2.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGNeptune.cpp

2> TerrainColorGGJupiter.cpp

2> TerrainColorEarthLike.cpp

2> TerrainColorDesert.cpp

2> TerrainColorDeadWithWater.cpp

2> TerrainColorBandedRock.cpp

2> TerrainColorAsteroid.cpp

2> Terrain.cpp

2> TerrainBody.cpp

2>..\..\src\TerrainBody.cpp(108): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\TerrainBody.cpp(108): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2> SystemView.cpp

2>..\..\src\SystemView.cpp(156): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SystemView.cpp(156): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SystemView.cpp(181): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SystemView.cpp(181): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\win32\include\sigc++/adaptors/adaptor_trait.h(82): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2> E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\win32\include\sigc++/adaptors/bind.h(1110) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void sigcoperator ()(T_arg1) const' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> T_functor=sigc::bound_mem_functor1,

2> T_arg1=double &

2> ]

2> E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\win32\include\sigc++/adaptors/bind.h(1108) : while compiling class template member function 'void sigcoperator ()(void)'

2> with

2> [

2> I_location=-1,

2> T_type1=double,

2> T_type2=sigc::nil,

2> T_type3=sigc::nil,

2> T_type4=sigc::nil,

2> T_type5=sigc::nil,

2> T_type6=sigc::nil,

2> T_type7=sigc::nil

2> ]

2> ..\..\src\SystemView.cpp(41) : see reference to class template instantiation 'sigc::bind_functor' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> I_location=-1,

2> T_type1=double,

2> T_type2=sigc::nil,

2> T_type3=sigc::nil,

2> T_type4=sigc::nil,

2> T_type5=sigc::nil,

2> T_type6=sigc::nil,

2> T_type7=sigc::nil

2> ]

2> SystemInfoView.cpp

2>..\..\src\SystemInfoView.cpp(195): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SystemInfoView.cpp(196): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> StringF.cpp

2> StationShipyardForm.cpp

2> StationShipViewForm.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> StationShipRepairForm.cpp

2> StationShipMarketForm.cpp

2> StationShipEquipmentForm.cpp

2> StationServicesForm.cpp

2> StationPoliceForm.cpp

2> StationCommodityMarketForm.cpp

2> StationBulletinBoardForm.cpp

2> StationAdvertForm.cpp

2> StarSystem.cpp

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(372): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(372): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(376): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(376): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(380): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(380): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1097): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1097): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1103): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1103): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1109): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1109): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1115): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1115): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1121): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1121): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1127): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1127): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1133): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1133): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1139): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1139): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1145): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1145): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1187): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'Sint64' to 'int', possible loss of data

2>E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(9): warning C4341: 'MASK' : signed value is out of range for enum constant

2> ..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1387) : see reference to class template instantiation 'fixedf' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> FRAC_BITS=48

2> ]

2>E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(9): warning C4309: 'initializing' : truncation of constant value

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1820): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1823): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(126): warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned

2> E:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\fixed.h(98) : while compiling class template member function 'fixedf operator /(const fixedf,const fixedf)'

2> with

2> [

2> FRAC_BITS=48

2> ]

2> ..\..\src\StarSystem.cpp(1387) : see reference to class template instantiation 'fixedf' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> FRAC_BITS=48

2> ]

2> Star.cpp

2>..\..\src\Star.cpp(64): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Star.cpp(65): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Star.cpp(65): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Star.cpp(67): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2> SpaceStationView.cpp

2> SpaceStation.cpp

2> Space.cpp

2> SoundMusic.cpp

2> Sound.cpp

2>..\..\src\Sound.cpp(60): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sound.cpp(63): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sound.cpp(66): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sound.cpp(67): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sound.cpp(380): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const Sint64' to 'Uint32', possible loss of data

2> ShipType.cpp

2>..\..\src\ShipType.cpp(50): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> ShipSpinnerWidget.cpp

2>..\..\src\ShipSpinnerWidget.cpp(34): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ShipSpinnerWidget.cpp(35): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ShipSpinnerWidget.cpp(39): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> ShipFlavour.cpp

2>..\..\src\ShipFlavour.cpp(25): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ShipFlavour.cpp(26): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ShipFlavour.cpp(27): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> ShipCpanelMultiFuncDisplays.cpp

2> ShipCpanel.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> ShipAICmd.cpp

2> Ship.cpp

2> Ship-AI.cpp

2> Sfx.cpp

2>..\..\src\Sfx.cpp(95): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sfx.cpp(95): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2> Serializer.cpp

2> SectorView.cpp

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(416): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(416): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(770): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(771): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(876): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\SectorView.cpp(878): warning C4244: '-=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Sector.cpp

2>..\..\src\Sector.cpp(66): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sector.cpp(67): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Sector.cpp(68): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> RenderTarget.cpp

2> RenderShader.cpp

2> RenderFrustum.cpp

2>..\..\src\render\RenderFrustum.cpp(21): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Render.cpp

2>..\..\src\render\Render.cpp(399): warning C4800: 'GLboolean' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2>..\..\src\render\Render.cpp(404): warning C4800: 'GLboolean' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> Projectile.cpp

2>..\..\src\Projectile.cpp(119): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Polit.cpp

2> Player.cpp

2>..\..\src\Player.cpp(158): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Player.cpp(159): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Planet.cpp

2>..\..\src\Planet.cpp(182): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Planet.cpp(259): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2> PiLuaClasses.cpp

2> Pi.cpp

2>..\..\src\Pi.cpp(492): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'unsigned long', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Pi.cpp(520): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Pi.cpp(1278): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Pi.cpp(1295): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Pi.cpp(1324): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> perlin.cpp

2> ObjectViewerView.cpp

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(121): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(144): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(145): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(146): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(147): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(148): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(149): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(150): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ObjectViewerView.cpp(151): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'Sint64', possible loss of data

2> NameGenerator.cpp

2>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\src\NameGenerator.cpp': No such file or directory

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> MyLuaMathTypes.cpp

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(42): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(106): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(150): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(159): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(177): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(261): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(262): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(263): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(273): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(274): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(275): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(323): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(327): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\MyLuaMathTypes.cpp(337): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> mtrand.cpp

2> ModelBody.cpp

2>..\..\src\ModelBody.cpp(181): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ModelBody.cpp(182): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\ModelBody.cpp(183): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Missile.cpp

2>..\..\src\Missile.cpp(96): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> MathUtil.cpp

2> MarketAgent.cpp

2> main.cpp

2> LuaUtils.cpp

2> LuaUI.cpp

2> LuaTimer.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaTimer.cpp(33): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaSystemPath.cpp

2> LuaStarSystem.cpp

2> LuaStar.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaStar.cpp(12): warning C4800: 'Star *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaSpaceStation.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaSpaceStation.cpp(265): warning C4800: 'SpaceStation *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaSpace.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaSpace.cpp(119): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaSpace.cpp(120): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaSpace.cpp(199): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaSpace.cpp(200): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\vector3.h(107): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\vector3.h(98) : while compiling class template member function 'void vector3::ArbRotate(const vector3 &,T)'

2> with

2> [

2> T=other_floating_type::type

2> ]

2> e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\vector3.h(121) : see reference to class template instantiation 'vector3' being compiled

2> with

2> [

2> T=other_floating_type::type

2> ]

2>e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\vector3.h(110): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>e:\pioneerspacesim-build\pioneerspacesim-pioneer-ddee729\src\vector3.h(113): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> LuaShipType.cpp

2> LuaShip.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaShip.cpp(270): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaShip.cpp(271): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaShip.cpp(272): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaShip.cpp(1189): warning C4800: 'Ship *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaSerializer.cpp

2> LuaSBody.cpp

2> LuaRand.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> LuaPlayer.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaPlayer.cpp(333): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaPlayer.cpp(364): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaPlayer.cpp(513): warning C4800: 'Player *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaPlanet.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaPlanet.cpp(12): warning C4800: 'Planet *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaObject.cpp

2> LuaNameGen.cpp

2> LuaMusic.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaMusic.cpp(134): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LuaMusic.cpp(165): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2> LuaManager.cpp

2> LuaLang.cpp

2> LuaGame.cpp

2> LuaFormat.cpp

2> LuaEventQueue.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaEventQueue.cpp(758): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaEquipType.cpp

2> LuaEngine.cpp

2> LuaConstants.cpp

2> LuaConsole.cpp

2> LuaChatForm.cpp

2> LuaCargoBody.cpp

2>..\..\src\LuaCargoBody.cpp(35): warning C4800: 'CargoBody *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> LuaBody.cpp

2> LmrModel.cpp

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(910): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(921): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(955): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1065): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1226): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1306): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1357): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1502): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1511): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(1579): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2303): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2308): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2501): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2516): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2521): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2630): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2678): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2706): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2722): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2723): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2808): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2809): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2837): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2838): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2854): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2855): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2921): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2922): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2949): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2950): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2966): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(2967): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3029): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3056): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3073): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3074): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3127): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3153): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3394): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3422): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3821): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'const float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3980): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3981): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'lua_Number' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(3991): warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\LmrModel.cpp(4176): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Lang.cpp

2> KeyBindings.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> IniConfig.cpp

2> InfoView.cpp

2> HyperspaceCloud.cpp

2> GuiWidget.cpp

2> GuiVScrollPortal.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiVScrollPortal.cpp(90): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GuiVScrollBar.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiVScrollBar.cpp(38): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GuiToolTip.cpp

2> GuiToggleButton.cpp

2> GuiTextLayout.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(34): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(35): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(108): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(109): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(161): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(166): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(166): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(168): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiTextLayout.cpp(168): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GuiTextEntry.cpp

2> GuiTabbed.cpp

2> GuiStack.cpp

2> GuiScreen.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiScreen.cpp(269): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiScreen.cpp(270): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiScreen.cpp(286): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiScreen.cpp(287): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'GLdouble' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GuiRepeaterButton.cpp

2> GuiRadioGroup.cpp

2> GuiRadioButton.cpp

2> GuiMultiStateImageButton.cpp

2> GuiMeterBar.cpp

2> GuiLabelSet.cpp

2> GuiLabel.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> GuiImageRadioButton.cpp

2> GuiImageButton.cpp

2> GuiImage.cpp

2> GuiGradient.cpp

2> GuiFixed.cpp

2> GuiContainer.cpp

2> GuiButton.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\GuiButton.cpp(126): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2> GuiBox.cpp

2> Gui.cpp

2>..\..\src\gui\Gui.cpp(145): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\Gui.cpp(150): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\Gui.cpp(155): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\gui\Gui.cpp(161): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GeoSphere.cpp

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1295): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1295): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1303): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1304): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1305): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1306): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1342): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1344): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1344): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1352): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1367): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1369): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\GeoSphere.cpp(1369): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GameMenuView.cpp

2>..\..\src\GameMenuView.cpp(235): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2>..\..\src\GameMenuView.cpp(237): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2>..\..\src\GameMenuView.cpp(239): warning C4800: 'int' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)

2> GameLoaderSaver.cpp

2> GameConfig.cpp

2> Game.cpp

2> Galaxy.cpp

2>..\..\src\Galaxy.cpp(40): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Galaxy.cpp(41): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> GalacticView.cpp

2> Frame.cpp

2> FormController.cpp

2> FontManager.cpp

2> FontConfig.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2> Compiling...

2> Font.cpp

2> FileSelectorWidget.cpp

2> FaceVideoLink.cpp

2>..\..\src\FaceVideoLink.cpp(44): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'time_t' to 'Uint32', possible loss of data

2> EquipType.cpp

2> enum_table.cpp

2> DynamicBody.cpp

2> DeadVideoLink.cpp

2> CustomSystem.cpp

2> CommodityTradeWidget.cpp

2> GeomTree.cpp

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(133): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(134): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(138): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(139): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(143): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\GeomTree.cpp(144): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> Geom.cpp

2> CollisionSpace.cpp

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(286): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(286): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(287): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(287): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(324): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(324): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(325): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\collider\CollisionSpace.cpp(325): warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'other_floating_type::type' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> BVHTree.cpp

2> CityOnPlanet.cpp

2> ChatForm.cpp

2> CargoBody.cpp

2> Camera.cpp

2> Body.cpp

2> Background.cpp

2>..\..\src\Background.cpp(43): warning C4244: '*=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Background.cpp(44): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Background.cpp(55): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Background.cpp(56): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2>..\..\src\Background.cpp(57): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data

2> AmbientSounds.cpp

2> Generating Code...

========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

We have different definitions of "relevant" 😉

The offending error is this one:

Code:
2>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\src\NameGenerator.cpp': No such file or directory

The file NameGenerator.cpp was removed recently. Unfortunately the individual platform build systems are usually only updated when someone using that system updates and sees it breaking. You're obviously the first to use MSVC since that file was removed.

You can probably remove it from the project list of the left side; that should be enough to get it working. Anything more than that I can't help with - I don't use MSVC myself.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Brilliant. That makes it compile without listing an error, but then when I try to run it, it tells me that SDL.DLL was not found. What in the cat hair is SDL.DLL? I can't find it anywhere. What's with this code? I mean, I just need it to work long enough to test a few numbers. Is anybody else getting these bugs? Or maybe somebody can get me a copy of the code that does work, or tell me what you all are using so I can do the same....

You know, it seems like this should have been extremely simple ... but it's sure not turning out that way.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

You missed the following line from the getting started page I linked before:

Quote:
Copy the .dll files from win32/vc2008 into the root folder (the one containing data, src, win32 directories), and you will be able to run the pioneer .exe file you just compiled.

MSVC is not the primary development platform. You're expected to know how to drive it if you want to use it.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Um, the .dll files were in win32/lib, not vc2008 ... I finally found them. ("You need to copy the .dll files that are hidden somewhere on your hard drive....") But it didn't really fix the problem:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)."

How is anyone else getting this to work? Are you people all running Linux or something? Do I need a different version of the code? I mean, I can't really help with what I said I would help with, if I can't get the darn thing to compile. I know it's not my computer, because the Alpha 18 release runs just fine.

If somebody has a copy of an older block of code (like the alpha 18 before various changes were made), I could try that ... if it will compile, it will serve as a test platform. If I can get something together that works, I can just post the numbers and somebody else can plug them into the next patch.

And incidentally, yeah, those new graphics on the weapons fire were pretty nice, except for being a little dark. They just need the colors lightened until the core of the pulse is almost white, so they will stand out against the black (or most anything else). To make them look like they are actually emitting light when flying across the sky in-game, they will have to be a good deal brighter than what will look good if you're just admiring them on-screen. Actual plasma flashes are blinding, as anybody who has seen lightning up close or looked at a welder arc will attest. (Lightning never strikes the same place twice, because after lightning hits something, that place no longer exists to be hit a second time.) That should be an easy fix - add about 100 points to the desired color value. (I'm guessing ... it might be 50, or 150. But it will be a lot - more than you would first think.)

Then once we get them moving at weapon-like speeds (and the associated balance work that goes with that), this game will have some of the best-looking weapons effects in all of computer software to-date. Not that this would be all that difficult, considering some of the stuff that has come out lately ... but heck, it would still be a pretty good accomplishment.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered

Ron wrote:
Um, the .dll files were in win32/lib, not vc2008 ... I finally found them. ("You need to copy the .dll files that are hidden somewhere on your hard drive....") But it didn't really fix the problem:

Ok, so our docs are slightly out of date. I can't help any further - as I've said, I don't use MSVC.

Quote:
How is anyone else getting this to work? Are you people all running Linux or something? Do I need a different version of the code? I mean, I can't really help with what I said I would help with, if I can't get the darn thing to compile. I know it's not my computer, because the Alpha 18 release runs just fine.

About half of the regular devs use Linux, which has a really simple build system. The Windows guys are all pretty familiar with MSVC, so they've probably worked around these. I'll have to defer to their superior wisdom on this.

Quote:
If somebody has a copy of an older block of code (like the alpha 18 before various changes were made), I could try that ... if it will compile, it will serve as a test platform. If I can get something together that works, I can just post the numbers and somebody else can plug them into the next patch.

Release source is available here: https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer/tags . I doubt you'll have much more success though.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Ron wrote:

No I run MSVC, I've fixed up those vcproj's locally but haven't committed them yet except to one of my branches 😳 I should really get around to that! Never yet compiled it on Linux, installed the latest Ubuntu to do just that yesterday so that I stop breaking the build when I commit from Windows.

I've never seen that error, message. Are you running it through the MSVC 2008 debugger? Have you set the "debugging->working directory" path to be the root folder where you put the DLLs? Mine is set to "$(ProjectDir)..\..\" for vs2010 if that helps. The vs2010 solution & project is kept up to date more often than the vs2008 one as I only fix it up when I remember.

Andy

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
fluffyfreak wrote:

No I run MSVC, I've fixed up those vcproj's locally but haven't committed them yet except to one of my branches 😳 I should really get around to that! Never yet compiled it on Linux, installed the latest Ubuntu to do just that yesterday so that I stop breaking the build when I commit from Windows.

I've never seen that error, message. Are you running it through the MSVC 2008 debugger? Have you set the "debugging->working directory" path to be the root folder where you put the DLLs? Mine is set to "$(ProjectDir)..\..\" for vs2010 if that helps. The vs2010 solution & project is kept up to date more often than the vs2008 one as I only fix it up when I remember.

Andy

Are we speaking English here? Or is this line of stuff written in Martian?

I just downloaded a new copy of MS Visual C++ 2010 Express ... never worked with any version of C++ before, but I figured that I had seen compilers before (played with Python code for some mods of Mount and Blade, among other such projects) so it couldn't be that hard. I could be wrong there.

Just tell me what I need to do, to get the fool thing to compile ... just enough to test the weapons effects data, that will be enough, even if it's on an older build. Once I get some numbers that look and feel pretty good, I'll just post that code as a block of text and let somebody else add it to the system - it's just a dozen or so numbers that need to be changed. But it has to compile enough to test - I can't just do this by visualizing what it might look like. I don't need to understand the intricacies of how you all built this thing ... that's beyond my skill set or my ambition. I just want to change a dozen or so numeric values.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Ah sorry, I thought you were familiar with Visual Studio etc.

Ok, when you've got the project open you should have a list of the files & the projects they're organised into on the left-hand side of the screen.

Firstly, right-click on the Pioneer project, then on the line "Set as startup project" - this is just to make sure that it's the one being built and RUN.

Next, right-click on the Pioneer project, and then on "Properties" at the bottom of the list.

Another window should popup which has "Common Properties" and "Configuration Properties", open the "Configuration Properties", choose the "Debugging" entry and the main area should show a bunch of options and in there is an option labelled "Working Directory". That's the one you want to change to read "$(ProjectDir)..\..\".

I should really fix these things up somehow, possibly by making it compile the exe's into the root folder? or maybe into the libs folder and then read from the root folder? Hmm, I'll have to work it out.

Andy

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Negative ... that change made no difference. It still claimed to compile, but then when I tried to run it, "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Could you get me the exact block of code you are using? Project files and all, no little surprises? (i.e. not something that was reconfigured six times with different operating systems and the MS Visual C++ project files not updated.) That way I can know for sure that it should be working and should compile on MS Visual C++ 2010 express.

Just put it all into a .zip file, where if I just drop it on my hard disk, it will be identical to what you can confirm to work. That should take all the variables out of the formula.

Now, the irritating part is that, at this point, I am generating negative work ... creating more work than I'm accomplishing. I suppose that's normal when somebody new to the whole system tries to get involved, but it's still frustrating.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

You could grab one of my branches on GitHub https://github.com/fluffyfreak/pioneer using the Git commands etc.

Otherwise I'll try to upload something when I get to wherever I'm staying tonight (I contract and am currently in Manchester instead of at home in Nottingham) and can get online without using works internet like I currently am 😆

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Ron wrote:
Now, the irritating part is that, at this point, I am generating negative work ... creating more work than I'm accomplishing. I suppose that's normal when somebody new to the whole system tries to get involved, but it's still frustrating.

Don't worry about it, takes a little while to get up and running with this.

I think this highlights the need to improve these vs2010 and vs2008 projects etc.

ReplyQuote
Ron
 Ron
(@ron)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Crud ... OK, the github branch download reacted similarly. I'm sure not understanding why any of this is going on ... I thought that if something would compile, then something would compile. Didn't know it could compile for some people and not for others.

Let's eliminate all the variables. Just take the whole directory where you're working on this thing, check to make sure it compiles for you, put it in a .zip file or some such, and post it on wupload.com. (I'm in China, and on a college network, and the 'net is so slow and unreliable that a lot of the other services don't work. wupload will usually work, at least right now.) That will eliminate all possible variables related to version of the code, or where the files have wandered off to. I'll check to make sure your test compiled version will run on my machine, and then try to recompile it and repeat the result. That should either fix the problem or isolate it and tell us what it is.

Why is everything so dang complicated? Can't life just give me a break occasionally?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3