Notifications
Clear all

Crew.

Page 3 / 3

celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

Which I was doing (which I don't consider gaming, it happens in the real world too with turnover in any job)

Trying it again now and landed a 45 engineer, 60 navigation, 50 sensors and 50 piloting within 40 mins of starting (real time)

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Clearly there's a balance issue to address here.

...if you game the system by hiring and then promptly firing unskilled crew.

By promptly, I mean within seconds. There's a limit of 15 crew adverts at a time, and once you hire some of them others can show up, in very busy systems. The lowest aspirants (with $10 weekly wage) won't show up there again if you fire them. Too traumatised by you.

ReplyQuote
sapog662
(@sapog662)
Master Chief Registered

A very good idea. But I have this script killed the game. When hiring a crew member, for payment of money, the game killed - red Windows error.(

ReplyQuote
walterar
(@walterar)
Commander Registered

Try this Crew.zip  (Pioneer System Mod.)

only with this  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneerspacesim/files/nightly/pioneer-e587dea-win32.7z/download  (Or equivalent version in other OS)

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

Interesting. What did the error say?

ReplyQuote
celticfang
(@celticfang)
Senior Chief Registered

Clearly there's a balance issue to address here.

By promptly, I mean within seconds. There's a limit of 15 crew adverts at a time, and once you hire some of them others can show up, in very busy systems. The lowest aspirants (with $10 weekly wage) won't show up there again if you fire them. Too traumatised by you.

There is.

Oh and saving the game breaks it with an LUA error.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I need more than that. What does the error say?

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

OK, the first error looks like you saved the game but a ship had ceased to exist. Clearly, I need to explicitly check for that. That was useful, thanks.

The second error is probably something stupid that I did, although (obviously) I don't know what, yet...

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

I'm having trouble with the second error (the hyperspace one). Can you check something for me - in your F3 screen, in the crew tab, try to give your crew an order. If it crashes there, then I suspect you don't have all the scripts in the right place.

Good news, though - the latest nightly has Crew in it, ready to play.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered
Topic starter  

That third error is from some other script, not one that we wrote. Pioneer does not come with a script named "ChangeOfEnrolls.lua".

The number of crew you have doesn't matter. You can still give orders to your crew; they just won't get carried out. The additional tab does not appear or disappear when you hire people, it's always there. If you don't have it, it's because you have an old version of the UI script.

I don't think you have all of the Crew scripts installed properly.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3