Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer on Youtube

Page 3 / 5

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

well start once, i felt the same with my spaceport, but if i wait anylonger, no videos will be ever made by me.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Hey, I decided to put some music with a video I had made two weeks ago so here it is, nothing special just some terrains in Very Very High mode:

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

nice one, a bit long, i feared to press play.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

*gulp* I'm going to have to watch this at work because it would literally take all day to download on my dial-up. 😕

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

last week i've read that swiss is leading in high-speed connections (except skandinavia). no wonder, dial up didn't exists anymore here, all providers cancelled this service since a few years, so you have to get high-speed.

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

It must be nice to live in a modern, civilized country. 😉 My dial-up only costs me $6/month however. I was exaggerating a bit about the time. It takes a bit over 5 hours to download a nightly build. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

my actual WIP

just to give a perspective to the new spaceport i'm working on (since i don't know).

ReplyQuote
Marcel
(@marcel)
Captain Registered

That's looking incredibly cool! I was thinking of putting some simple textures, etc. on the ground station, but I see I needn't bother. 😀

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
my actual WIP

Nice work. I look forward to seeing it in action. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

it's a bit oversized i guess and "kills" a lot of buildings due to that.

i intented to make the space port big enough to keep carriers up to a size of 150x300x100 w,l,h, it will have 3 docks in minumum, but i could make up to 6 (if you like it crazy 12 would be possible, 6 on two levels), the building is big enough, i can still downsize it. the whole building is made of repetive used tiles and i can extend it whenever i like it.

it is almost finished, i only stucked a bit with the waypoints, but i got that soon solved i guess.

another problem is that the dock is underground leveled, it would be fine if there would be a possibility to "cutout" the terrain, but that's not very important now, first it must work proper then we see.

have you seen that slight flashing in the archo's dome? i never noticed such before and now i wonder where that is from.

must be some "light" like the billboard function which lightens up transparent material in the same way, even if i won't miss that it's a cool way to light up a cockpit without "local_lighting". to me it looks like you would give alpha glow to the transparent material, right?. it would be cool if we could have that as a "real" setting.

to explain it more it looks complete different to adding simply glow to the material, if a add glow to the transparent material it gets diffuse, but if i use "billboard" in front of a transparent set material everything thats "behind" get's lightened up and the material stays clear as glass (i like that!).

btw, it's only the billboard function itself, i mean i can set the color to 0,0,0, and the size to 0 and still it works, texture for the billboard can be a "hole" it doesn't matter.

ReplyQuote
Vixente
(@vixente)
Crewman Registered

Hey there.

I've been playing for two days now, i've decided to make a small video to show this game to some of my friends, here in Spain.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

Nice video, Vixente. I see you got hit by issue 32 at the end of the video. Your flying's good, though; I'm always encouraged when people use complete manual control.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

vixente

seems like you used copyrighted material? music perhaps

that has happened to me once to, those machines are extremely precise today in reconizing a certain track.

even when i used the original track they reckognized it as content of a actual movie 😈

that's, i can't tell here what is - stealing arts to be kind!

a reason why i take those old amiga modules to underscore, they are 100% free to publish.

and i guess any of the creators of those little tunes will be proud to hear them 20 years later on youtube!

hey, there was no youtube then...

and no pioneer...

great, they even couldn't have imagined it!

btw, it's great to see it spreads more and more and more...

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

potsmoke66 wrote:
vixente

seems like you used copyrighted material? music perhaps

The music is copyrighted, but properly licensed. The video works fine for me.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

here it's prohibited

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
i've decided to make a small video to show this game to some of my friends, here in Spain.

Que Pasa? Nice video btw.. Don't see what all the fuss is about with the 'copyright' it works fine here.

Did your friends like it?

ReplyQuote
Vixente
(@vixente)
Crewman Registered

Glad you liked the video ppl 🙂

Quote:
Did your friends like it?

Some of them liked it already, others are too console-minded and they just see games like this and say "bah! pice of sh..", but i really don't care, because i know them. All that matters is that I like the game 🙂

About Youtube, i did see the note about the copyright thing just when i finished uploading the vid i knew that it may not be available on other countrys. That and reading this thread has caused to me to upload the video on megaupload too

(megavideo gave me an error in the converting process, so i picked megaupload instead)

There goes the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H6Y1K5LO

Enjoy!

PS: I plan to make more vids

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

memories?

this time i won,

ReplyQuote
navi
 navi
(@navi)
Crewman Registered

I made a "simple Moments" Movie. Just a few Moments on my Journey. 😎

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Just thought I would point out that King Haggis's original Pioneer You Tube video has now reached over sixteen and a half thousand views with zero dislikes. Well done to him and to you other video makers out there too. You have all helped in spreading the word (and pictures) about Pioneer. Well done people, well done to you all! 😎

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you, Geraldine. I'm very flattered 😳 . It's a sad thing I can't contribute much more to the project. But I am playing around with 3D Studio Max and when I'm good enough, I hope to make models for Pioneer. I think we can use many more different spacestations and city buildings. I'm downloading the latest alpha (11) now, thumbs up to those who made it possible!

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Not quite Pioneer, but close enough 😉 :

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

What phone did you port that onto, Galaxy?

Now I wonder if I can put Frontier on my iPhone.

ReplyQuote
Brianetta
(@brianetta)
Commander Registered

leondhay wrote:
Now I wonder if I can put Frontier on my iPhone.

Only if you've cracked it.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5