Notifications
Clear all

Search and Rescue Missions (and targeting ships)

czar
 czar
(@czar)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi pilots,

New to this sim and I'm really enjoying my time with it. I've found a lucrative search and rescue mission that I need some help with:

I traveled to the "last known" location of the distressed ship (in orbit). I'm finally in orbit around the planet, and see an orange "blip" on my radar that I'm assuming is the distressed ship, however when I fly to it (I put the orange blip in the center circle of my radar without any lines radiating away from it, which I assume means I'm on the same plane as the target so I should be practically on top of it right now), there is nothing there. I'm not sure how to lock on/target radar contacts (I've tried hitting Y), and I don't get a message stating that there are any ships in the vicinity like I do near ports. I also don't physically see any ship in external views except my own.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

That blip is likely the planet. You can either target the ship via the F3 infoscreen mission list entry, or you can look for it in the orbital map. You can enable ships on the right, and then can target them by RMB

ReplyQuote
bakkurt
(@bakkurt)
Crewman Registered

Hello, I am experiencing a similar situation. I have found the ship drifting, and I have a person in my ship that wants to get into this ship (I presume). Since the ship I look for is constantly moving, how can I transfer this gentleman into this one? I succeeded in crashing into the ship and killed ourselves as well.

Any ideas?

Barb

ReplyQuote
nozmajner
(@nozmajner)

You can ctrl+LMB on it to keep your position relative to it. (Or from the flight mode selector select Follow Orientation) Then set the desired speed to zero.

ReplyQuote
bakkurt
(@bakkurt)
Crewman Registered

@nozmajner I will definitely try this.  Thank you very much for this tip.

ReplyQuote
Miaksol
(@miaksol)
Crewman Registered

I move this gentleman into this one when the one I'm looking for moves all the time? I managed to smash into the spacecraft and we both perished in the process.

run 3

ReplyQuote
impaktor
(@impaktor)
Pioneer Moderator

@miaksol Difficult to parse your question, but if you're asking how to transfer people, I believe the mission description describes it. Should be something like: land within 10 meters of the ship, and you need to have empty passenger cabin (I think). Mission description should state it. Good luck!

ReplyQuote