Notifications
Clear all

SSC Party Ship

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Just plucking a few low-hanging fruits tonight on the new Lua module API. I added a cute little method to let a script modify the ship registration:

A1NNv.png

(Pay no attention the text overrun. That's a fix for for another place and another day.)

One application might be a Pay & Spray depot that will repaint and change the plates on your ship so the cops have a harder time finding you 😎

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Now that sounds cool robn! Perhaps make them a bit like the refuelling stations in Oolite? Fly in one end and exit the other. There were many times I wished for something just like that in the original Frontier after stirring up a Viper nest 😆

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

how you pick up my ideas?

telepathy?

ok, i didn't liked to do for all purpose, i just was thinking to use the reg.# to select a name from a set.

especially for larger ships it could by reasonable a good thing.

Large Cruisers and Carriers will have then names like, Intrepid, Enterprise or Hamburg, York, etc.

but ok, that would make it useless (nearly).

on the other hand advantage would be a better control for the modeler over the names, so ships of a certain group have fitting names.

but it was just a idea...

ReplyQuote
navi
 navi
(@navi)
Crewman Registered

lol, thats funny. 😆

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I take it that the auto-pilot/auto-landing will work well?

Because the only time the drunkin binge will stop is when we dock with SSC to get more 🙂

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

ssc party ship needs a erm special mod or two how about a fuelless jump drive

ReplyQuote