Notifications
Clear all

Apollo 18

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This looks like a good movie... and does make you wonder if there has ever been any secret missions into outer space? 🙂

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks good bit like Alien. 😀

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
This looks like a good movie... and does make you wonder if there has ever been any secret missions into outer space?

I do not think that a Saturn V launch would be hard to spot 😆

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

I suspect it will be over hyped like "Paranormal Activity" and "Skyline".

A clever director could probably do a lot with a film set almost entirely within the confines of the lunar lander.

But from the shaky cam footage the premise seems to be like that of "The Blair Witch Project" where the film was later recovered and processed. That makes me think it will be high on art, low on substance.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

Regarding secret launches, the US has been sending up spy satellites for decades. No one bats an eyelid about those missions.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Honestly, from the trailer I can say I don't like this movie and anyway they pretty much laid out the entire story in this clip so that really gives me no reason to watch the movie.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
Regarding secret launches, the US has been sending up spy satellites for decades. No one bats an eyelid about those missions.

With smaller rockets. Saturn V was an 100m beast. A launch like that would not go unnoticed. (On the other hand you could assemble a crue and a craft on ISS and launch from there. Although you would need the cooperation of Russians to pull it off).

ReplyQuote
memnoch
(@memnoch)
Petty Officer Registered

Oh, I never suggested they were hidden. What I mean is that not every shuttle launch was on the level about it's cargo.

Many launches of other vehicles just wouldn't attract that much press attention anyway. They could be sending anything up there and we would be none the wiser.

ReplyQuote
ChillPenguin
(@chillpenguin)
Petty Officer Registered

Looks pretty good.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I seem to recall that the US airforce was going to get their own shuttle and after a quick Google it appears they didn’t get one but they have got this mini unmanned one.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13639_3-20003260-42.html

ReplyQuote
frank
(@frank)
Petty Officer Registered

Apollo 18 is one of the ebst sci-fi movie where I enjoy a lot to watch it out.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
frank wrote:
Apollo 18 is one of the ebst sci-fi movie where I enjoy a lot to watch it out.

I think you mean Apollo 13? Apollo 18 hasn't come out yet (9/2011) and it is a outer space thriller/horror movie.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another one I have been watching on DVD.

Not a bad film but would have preferred if they had stuck to either the mock documentary style or just the normal style of film rather than going for half and half.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Just saw this movie this past weekend and everyone in the room besides me thought it was boring and my wife fell asleep. I would have liked them to focus more on the soviet mission myself and the mystery behind it. One thing that sticks in your head is whether the government could actually pull that off and make it that it never happened. I would give Apollo 18 about 2.5-3 stars, I would only recommend it for the scifi lover.

ReplyQuote