Notifications
Clear all

The Dark Knight Rises

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Trailer for the film

really enjoyed the first two films so hope this lives to them.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

After seeing this trailer I searched everything there is about this new movie on youtube, found some pretty interesting vids showing the vehicles from the movie, really awesome stuff.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I agree, I hope it does live up to and exceed the first two. But I have to admit it didn't excite me like the first two movie trailers did. With this being a conclusion to this series I would hope the go out with a bang. It's a shame that Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan don't want to make any more Batman movies because I was just starting to like these movies and then they stop making them. I look at this series like the Bourne series, why stop making movies that people want to see?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

It’s a bit of a shame they won’t be doing anymore but it may continue with some one else.

Good to see the tumbler back. 😀 😀

ReplyQuote
SuperbatPrime
(@superbatprime)
Petty Officer Registered

Hm.

Well it's over.

It was quite a journey.

Look at my username, this was personal to me.

Nolan fixed the franchise, returned credibility to Batman on screen for that I am grateful.

However, this was not the Batman tirlogy we deserved... but it was the one we needed.... sorry had to lol.

They were great movies, everyone did well (Ledger's Joker, Hardy's Bane were good... Neesons Ra's Al Ghul... not so much, Hathaway's Selina Kyle... biggest happy surprise of the trilogy, not perfect but pretty good all the same).

Best performance of all 3 movies was of course Oldman as Jim Gordon, pitch perfect, flawless.

Caine's Alfred was acceptable but not very faithful to the source.

Bale's Bruce Wayne... um, how do I say this?

Adequate I suppose, but tbh Bruce Wayne is a character I doubt any actor on the planet could portray to my satisfaction.

He wasn't smart enough, he wasn't BIG enough (and I don't just mean physically).

But Nolan attempted to give us as realistic as possible portrayal of how a man could find the drive to to this and how long he could sustain it (barely two years total if you do the math).

In a way I'm glad it's over, I'm glad Batman's dignity has been restored in the eyes of the public (although even the most casual fan knew those other movies were not the real Bat), I'm glad I'll be able to have a nice boxset of decent live action Bat-Flicks sitting beside my DCAU collection.

I'm happy that the world is happy with these movies, despite my own personal gripes with various nitpickity fanboy details.

Batman is done, fixed, restored to his rightful place in modern mythology if you will.

Now bring on 2013 and Man of Steel and let's see if Snyder can do the same with the Big Blue.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Watched it over the weekend and enjoyed it, bit of a strange ending as in will there be more sequels or that it?.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I HAD to post this :)))))

... and it's somewhat on-topic 🙂

ReplyQuote