Notifications
Clear all

Gearing up for the Kickstarter

MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
The team is focusing on collecting media, quotes and words for the impending Kickstarter. The lead developer muses about the current state of play and we start to look at some early UI mockups. All this and more with new GIFs and imagery over on the IndieDB news article 'Alternate Reality'

JX7sW7R.gif

Brian starts to discuss some core gameplay mechanics such as asymmetrical balancing and abilities and eludes to so much more over on the blog's latest article.

sspace-2015-02-11-10-35-21-70-1.jpg

We have setup our own forum using the very latest technology and right from the get-go the forums have become a bustle of activity with suggestions, comments and recommendations both on and off topic. We'll keep things up to date here but our own forums are shaping up to be quite the wealth of information. Head over, register and get involved.

forums.jpg

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Congrats on the new website redesign it looks nice. I would love to do one myself sometimes but it would take way too much effort to port the data to a new setup to be worth the time. And if you ever feel generous feel free to pop a link on your website back to SSC just in case no one has visited here before and make sure you let me know when your kickstarter starts so I can add it to the mainpage 🙂

Is that a homegrown forum app or is that like bbpress just with a nice template?

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Congrats on the new website redesign it looks nice. I would love to do one myself sometimes but it would take way too much effort to port the data to a new setup to be worth the time. And if you ever feel generous feel free to pop a link on your website back to SSC just in case no one has visited here before and make sure you let me know when your kickstarter starts so I can add it to the mainpage 🙂

Is that a homegrown forum app or is that like bbpress just with a nice template?

Hey cheers, yeah I was quite comfortable here at SSC but there is a lot of value to hosted forms, in particular SEO and stuff so we have to move away sadly. We'll still be posting here as it also pays to have things going on elsewhere.

So the forum software is called Discourse, it's open source and you can set it up yourself for free, our you can pay a fee to have the team set it up for you. The team provide a very personal level of service and this (SSC) forums software appears to be the aging standard so you might find that they have experience porting it all across. I'm sure if you had a whip around people would certainly donate to the cause (I know I would.)

You should look into it though, it has a number of revolutionary features designed to boast engagement and revisits, it's very very good software and worth at least a cursory glance.

Many thanks for the continued support, we'll be sure to take you up on that offer dude!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah the site looks great and I thought the forums were great thats why I inquired because it had some great SEO from glancing at it and I will definitely think about it (might download it and see if it will convert my forums over to see how it does with it in a testing area). I think right now the only thing that has kept me using this software package is the integrated download area. I have liked it lot and haven't seen anything really good out there that would replace it (that doesn't cost a huge amount). If I ever get the time I would love to build one myself.

No worries on the forums, most games as they mature and get ready for release usually launch their own. I am just happy we could help in the process. And if you keep Shallow Space area updated here as well its all the better 🙂

ReplyQuote