Notifications
Clear all

Hellion

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Looks like one of the more interesting multiplayer game out their http://www.playhellion.com/

Taken from the website FAQ.

1. What is Hellion?

Hellion is a first person multiplayer space survival game.

2. Will there be a Single-player campaign?

No, Hellion is going to be a Multiplayer only game, but the game will feature a deep background story for players to explore at their own convenience.

3. Where can I read more about the game features and its story?

You can find out more on our website Story and Features page, also updates and feeds will be posted on our Blog page.

4. When will Hellion Early Access be available for purchase?

Early Access release is planned for - January 2017.

5. Why did you choose the Early Access model?

Many of the game’s proposed features are quite unique and we believe community feedback will play a critical role during the development process.

6. What engine does Hellion use?

Hellion uses Unity engine.

7. Will the game support VR?

We are considering implementing support for VR devices.

8. Price of the game when it get released for early access?

The price will be comparable to other Early Access games.

9. Are you considering Linux, Mac, Xbox, PS4 or any other port?

We are not considering support for other platforms for the early access release. We are however considering porting the game to other platforms in the future.

10. Will it be localized to my language?

Localization is not our focus during the early access stage, but we do plan to release a multi language support in the future.

11. Can I upload videos, stream, post screenshots, or talk about the game publicly?

Yes, but within the limits of the end user licence agreement.

12. Multiplayer server handling.

There will be multiple open world servers to handle a limited number of players on each one. For now we plan to have around 100 or more players per server.

Players will also have the ability to transfer their characters to another server.

In addition the game will feature both public and private servers.

Steam greenlight page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674415611 Check the YouTube channels as their are a few more video about the game on it.

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just seen this vid for Hellion about a new update, also noticed that it now has a single player mode.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like the game crashed and burned as its been removed from Steam, YouTube video below about what might have happened although I think it just did not have enough variation in it's gameplay to stand out from other similar types of games.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

🙁 it was promising too, their website is down as well.... found this online.

Hellion was released into Early Access on February 24, 2017. Hellion was officially released Oct 21, 2019, but news from Oct 15, 2019, had already revealed that Hellion's further development would be suspended. In late March of 2020, sales on Steam for "Hellion" stopped and the game was available for free from March 27, 2020 - March 30, 2020. After that, it was no longer available on Steam and the project "Hellion" was discontinued.
Players, who bought the game earlier or downloaded it for free, still can play it.

If we knew that it was going away i would have picked up the early access version.

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

Welp, from that video, I discovered the Hellion Rescue Project.  This makes me happy.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Posted by: @blah64

Welp, from that video, I discovered the Hellion Rescue Project.  This makes me happy.

Do you have to have the game in the steam library for you to use this project or can you download it somewhere?

ReplyQuote
Blah64
(@blah64)
Senior Chief Registered

I don't know.  The main dev says he requires people to have it in their steam account in order to not promote piracy, but since I have it in my account, I can't really test if there is a way around this.

ReplyQuote