Clear all

Liberation

Page 3 / 3

classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @geraldine

At first, reading this thread, I thought this was a remake of Liberation on the Amiga, this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation:_Captive_2

It's not. It does look interesting, though, so I'll keep an eye on it, especially if it ever turns up on GOG. Obviously, for me at least, the Blake's 7 references appeal too. Loved that show, one of the best ever.

Over on the Blake's 7 Horizon board we're doing a weekly rewatch and it's good fun!

Geraldine liked
ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Pretty happy with Liberation as is but tinkering with adding a few missions to make the main story flow a bit better.

Trying out a new mission where at one point the lights go out and you get a few seconds of classic wire-frame gaming. Just for a little moment 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Posted by: @classyk

Pretty happy with Liberation as is but tinkering with adding a few missions to make the main story flow a bit better.

Trying out a new mission where at one point the lights go out and you get a few seconds of classic wire-frame gaming. Just for a little moment 😀

Nice any chance of having as a game option?.

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Posted by: @pinback

Nice any chance of having as a game option?.

That would be cool but I had to fake it for this sequence. The ships are painted black with white edges. It doesn't look 100% from a long way or up close!

I got the idea from "Escape from New York" (1981) where they wanted a fancy wireframe computer animation of the city but couldn't afford it so they put reflective tape on the edges of a bunch of boxes shaped like a city and filmed it in the dark. It's quite convincing if you don't know!

I have added some notes to my design folder and if I ever get to make another Liberation game I would explore it more for sure as it was hilarious to do and I have some more ideas about it.

Pinback liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Classic film and I like the sequel has a great ending.

I just looked at the picture and thought would it not be cool to play a modern game with retro graphics.

Always like the particle explosions in the BBC version of Elite, unfortunately the version I played the most had filled explosions. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3