Notifications
Clear all

Planet Nomads

Page 1 / 2

KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Not sure if this game has already been mentioned here but this one looks very promising:

www.planet-nomads.com

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice one KingHaggis.

Not been mentioned before although their seems to a few of these survival sim around at the moment.

From the site.

header.jpg

Brief Description

A Sandbox game of creation and survival. You're stranded on a strange planet with nothing but a few tools and your imagination.

Description
Planet Nomads is an open-world sandbox game that begins with you crash-landing on an unknown exotic planet full of secrets waiting to be discovered. Gather resources. Start crafting. Build a base to survive. Create vehicles that will expand your reach and exploration potential. Don’t limit yourself. Go further and become a true planet nomad – put all your energy into mastercrafting a huge self-sufficient mobile fortress with all the facilities needed to survive on the road. Or maybe you’re dreaming of the stars??

What we love about sandbox games are the endless possibilities. We are designing Planet Nomads in a way that we can gradually expand the game world and keep adding new content and mechanics into it. Those we already have in mind and also those that will come up later – directly from people playing Planet Nomads.

Features

• Creation, survival and exploration are all important
  • Planet Nomads will support building on a large-scale
  • Building a spaceship capable of interplanetary travel is the first "endgame"
  • Procedurally generated strange worlds with intricate biomes
  • Open design - to easy add new mechanics and features as the game grows
  • Kickstarter campaign in a few months
  • Early Access on Steam in Q1 2016
  • Windows, MAC and Linux platforms, VR

Release Date

Steam Early Access Q1 2016. Kickstarter in a few months.

thumb1.jpg

thumb2.jpg

thumb3.jpg

thumb4.jpg

thumb5.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes very good find and will be interested in the progress of this one. Hard to tell from the screenshots if its concept or actual art from the game. But they are definitely going in the right direction and if done right could be a great survival type game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

An editor for has been released and can be downloaded from the site. http://www.planet-nomads.com/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New video up and also according to their YouTube channel they are heading for Kickstarter in January.

ReplyQuote
Jalaris
(@jalaris)
Crewman Registered

Think Space Engineers' construction and building, Minecraft's survival elements, and No Man's Sky's exploration!

I found this two days ago through Reddit and I backed it as soon as they launched the Kickstarter.

Check it out: Kickstarter Steam

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The game been around a few months now.

£70 grand may be a tough call to get as their are a couple of these survival games around already with Empyrion looking like a close match to this and already in Steams early access.

ReplyQuote
Faceof
(@faceof)
Petty Officer Registered

No its not "No Mans Sky' ...looks better with more action and many thing to do and play... 🙂

https://www.planet-nomads.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572037667

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2043603103/planet-nomads

https://forum.planet-nomads.com/threads/44-Planet-Nomads-can-be-a-MMORPG-someday

Faceof is Dynamic...smile.png

Faceof... 😎

Sorry Admins but just now i have see the oldest post ...u can delete it ...smile.png

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Combined these two thread, don't forget to put the video in the shout box if you want to give the game some more exposure.

They not doing too bad as they are upto nearly 20 grand although they might be hit by the the Kickstarter slow down in the next couple of weeks.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

What a big project after reading what all they are putting in this, yeah the trailers look great and functionality looks like its pretty far along so far so they could be pretty successful at this and I like the whole open-world survival on a unknown planet. I have been having a fun time with my son playing '7 days to die' and as long as they include all the freedoms to let you build whatever is feasible and environment impact on your person is designed well it could be a great game to play with a friend. I hope they decide to include a standalone server that players can host.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Two beards talking about the game.

Upto 45 grand now and still 18 days to go, look like they have a good chance of hitting the target as long as their no slow down.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Ah they answered my question... player dedicated servers - Check! This I think will be a huge game if the devs can deliver on what is talked about in that kickstarter, especially if they can do what ARK did and have some great modding tools so players can truly make a custom experience on their own server.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New trailer with some new footage towards the end, I think.

They should be doing a lot more updates.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

change the colour of your suite.

Don't know if that counts as an update, but on the other hand they are nearly at the 50 grand mark with 13 days left to go.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And they have hit their target and are heading for the first stretch goal, with five days to go.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Last push for P/N, about 1 day left and nearly at the 100 grand mark

Couple of more video, one about planed VR

And an early look at space travel in the game, so early as it looks like cut out 2D animation.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Kickstarter finished and they hit their target and went on to get £96 grand which is pretty good going, also has a PayPal option, check the site.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Glad they got funded because I am starting to like some of these open world/exploration/build style games. But these games hinge on their freedom and the ability to do what you want, so as long as they can deliver that and allow modders to add content I think this game will be around a long time.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Glad they got funded because I am starting to like some of these open world/exploration/build style games. But these games hinge on their freedom and the ability to do what you want, so as long as they can deliver that and allow modders to add content I think this game will be around a long time.

You shoyld try Empyrion!!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The beards are back this time talking about animals and planet types.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Seem to missed two but here's number 3 about weather, buildings and survival in the Alpha.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Planet Nomads is definitely coming along nicely. I probably won't purchase this for myself and the kid until it is in beta so I know that they will be indeed releasing it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

This video came out about a week ago but I forgot to post it, anyhow if you skip to the end it look like they are starting their Alpha tomorrow the 25, thats if it not been delayed.

Merged these two threads into one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Looks like their closed Alpha has started as they have released a tutorial video.

Looks to be a lot easier to get to grips with than Space Engineers and the icon system looks like a better set up than Empyrion.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The beard back with another dev blog.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2