Notifications
Clear all

Starwraith Games slowing down?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I was reading the forums and came across this post from Vice and it looks like Evochron and Arvoch are nearing completeness and just receiving minor patches. Looks like Vice has some RL things and is slowing down and we are probably not going to see sequels in for these games anytime soon or ever.

See below:

"As of May of last year (2017), I've managed to implement most of the goals I had for the game since I started working on it in 2011 (and which is likely my last solo PC space-sim title on this scale). So current plans are changes/improvements based on remaining objectives that may come to mind and relevant feedback/requests that might come in."

" Some 'RL' challenges have surfaced in recent months which has made it more difficult for me to devote as much time to it as I might otherwise, but I intend to do what I can as age, health, and finances permit."

"As for future Evochron games, I currently don't have plans to do another solo Evochron game with this kind of scope in the future, this was the last one I intended to make on this scale. If a future Evochron (or Arvoch) type game becomes available and I develop it alone, it may be a mobile game or something else simpler."

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Just noticed this post of yours D1. I am sad at this as Vice has done great work with his Star Wraith series. A very underrated space sim that many others should look at. I've collected all his games over the years I am glad to say, going back to the very first one. If this is his last in the series its a great way to go out as Evochron Legacy is a damn fine game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Yeah I will definitely buy Legacy this year sometime, its a sad day when a developer or team that has been dedicated to scifi their whole career decides to hang it up. But they can venture off into space knowing they impacted a lot of gamers with their dedication and vision.

I don't know much about the modding capabilities to any of the Evochron or Arvoch games but here is hoping that these games will live on for quiet some time.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Star Wraith has had a small but very dedicated community, so yes, I can see this game being played for a good long while yet. Also with regards to mods, to get you started, here is a link to Evo Tweaker. 😉

ReplyQuote