Notifications
Clear all

Translation Patch

Page 3 / 3

Cavefish
(@cavefish)
Petty Officer Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Can’t see where it says that, I get the impression that the Gamergate version is just using the original translation from the game.

Something like this. I've seen the first hour or so of the GG version, and the text is quite bad. I don't own that version so I can't say if it gets better later, but I wouldn't expect it. As a fan effort it would be commendable but a 30€ commercial release... and there are no voices except for cinematics!

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

Rock Paper Shotgun wrote:
and recently it’s been playable in English by modding the Russian version.

could be that I've misunderstood this but I got the impression they took Wesp5's MOD.

after reading Cavefish's comment it seems it's better to use Wesp5's translation because of the quality of his translation 🙂

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Braindead wrote:

could be that I've misunderstood this but I got the impression they took Wesp5's MOD.

They didn't use my patch but the same English text that it was based on. Only they haven't improved it as much as I did :)!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Braindead wrote:
Rock Paper Shotgun wrote:
and recently it’s been playable in English by modding the Russian version.

after reading Cavefish's comment it seems it's better to use Wesp5's translation because of the quality of his translation 🙂

So it does right at the start I must be going blind 😆

ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered

Wesp5, I got some more time at work, and talked to my Voice guys, we are aiming at getting together next week during the weekdays sometime, and will be finishing up the new voice overs.

on a side note, i used FRAPS to make videos of the cutscenes for the actors, but its the free version and i only get 30 second clips. does anyone know of a good FREE video capture program?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3