Notifications
Clear all

Precursors Official DVD Patch v1.1

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I uploaded the precursors patch to the download area. The installer is in russian so you will need to do your best to work through it. If someone can post some screenshots and instructions for the installer that would be great 🙂

Here is the translated SRN:

Added:

1. In the Options menu control "option is added to the" Disable acceleration mouse

2. Faster switch to shooting through the scope

Fixes:

1. Fixed a bug that in rare cases when installing perk "Strongman" did not increase the maximum weight of equipment character

2. Fixed the crash, which occurred at the long game

3. Fixed the crash, which arose most frequently on the planet Glee

4. Fixed security settings, leading to the fact that on some computers, game worked slowly

Here is a link to the download: Official DVD Patch v1.1

badmofo
(@badmofo)
Crewman Registered

just wondering - does anyone else see this option with the 1.1 patch installed?

1. In the Options menu control "option is added to the" Disable acceleration mouse

I can't play with the crazy mouse controls as they are (for me anyway) - the mouse sensitivity changes depending on what I'm looking at in the game, so in the heat of battle I often find myself doing an unwanted 180 spin and getting shot in the back.

This option from the patch had my hopes up but I don't see it anywhere. The 'keyboard sensitivity' option seems to help when turned all the way down, but not nearly enough...

Help me space sim central, you're my only hope.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Theres a post about this on the precursors forum and I seem to recall there was some thing about the mouse on the Russian forum,unfortunately I did not bookmark the Russian forum web address.Has any one got it.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

You might also want to upload an ATI fix, for fixing some flickering issues.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Have a link to it CaptainKal?

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Ok. That fix is in the Precursors area now thanks Capt.

ReplyQuote
kolbaszosfank
(@kolbaszosfank)
Crewman Registered

Anyone knows how to apply this? This does nothing - except a russian text message (which can not be copied to clipboard)...

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

badmofo wrote:
just wondering - does anyone else see this option with the 1.1 patch installed?

Looking at the resource.qrc file of the 1.1 version shows that DS just replaced the "keyboard sensitivity" option with the "mouse acceleration" option, so if you are using the GamersGate version or the Unofficial Patch, you need to either set the parameter manually in controlsetting.ini or turn "keyboard sensitivity" down.

ReplyQuote
Cavefish
(@cavefish)
Petty Officer Registered

One bug I've noticed even after 1.1, when you close the game Precursors.exe stays in the background, reserving memory. So I need to kill it via taskmanager every time.

ReplyQuote
Corwyn
(@corwyn)
Crewman Registered

Same problem here with the precursors.exe process remaining unterminated with the english release of the game. Patch 1.1 didn't change anything there. (Windows 7 64bit)

I'm tempted to blame the copy-protection. The executable from the russian version, which uses a different copy-protection as far as I can tell, doesn't show this behavior and terminates properly after the game is quit.

ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered

WEsp5, i noticed a bizarre translation in the side mission to pimp out the yellowbelly buggy.

SCREEN00.jpg

"fluffed me off" is another way of saying recieved fellatio. probably want to change that line for the next translation, lol.

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

niadly wrote:

"fluffed me off" is another way of saying recieved fellatio. probably want to change that line for the next translation, lol.

So you don't think this was intended to be that way ;)?

ReplyQuote
niadly
(@niadly)
Crewman Registered

you know what.....after looking at it again, i like it! keep it in, it gives the scene more character, lol

ReplyQuote
Wesp5
(@wesp5)
Senior Chief Registered

Speaking of the 1.1 patch, I finally managed to make it work on my setup and honestly, I didn't see that much a difference. Okay, mouse acceleration can be removed, but the game stays jumpy which I guess is due to different frames per seconds...

ReplyQuote
Tarash
(@tarash)
Petty Officer Registered

niadly wrote:
WEsp5, i noticed a bizarre translation in the side mission to pimp out the yellowbelly buggy.

SCREEN00.jpg

Keep it in that's friggin' funny 😆

ReplyQuote