Notifications
Clear all

Gameplay footage of GoD Factory with the Oculus Rift

Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey there!

We've received our dev kit a few weeks ago and we were quite surprised by how little work was necessary to get the game running with the VR headset. After an afternoon of work we already had the basics, spent a day to fix some stuff to make it more playable and fix some bugs and replace the HUD accordingly and there you go!

I'm sure that the game will look much better once we'll actually have a cockpit view, but for now we're just placing the camera above the ship and it's a good "placeholder" for.

Simply put, making a space sim compatible with the Oculus Rift is a much. It's incredible. I can't wait to play around with it more 🙂

Here's the video:

And here's the link to the ickstarter update that contained the vid:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ninedots/god-factory-wingmen/posts/501597?ref=email&show_token=f96bee52a642c959&play=1#video

Enjoy!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Wow, Oculus Rift really looks great inside GoD Factory: Wingmen and personally just having the support will add sales to your game. But you are right if what your showing in your video is what people would see when they have the headset on then its going to be great to own one of these. Like what was said about the size/scale of the ships, they look great and having the OR you might have to pay more attention to the small details since OR seems to let you get close and really experience a lot more. I am glad to hear it wasn't much effort to get it up and running.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Outstanding vid gives a good idea of what the game will look like with O:R goggles

Game just awesome 😎

ReplyQuote
Guillaume
(@guillaume)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I hope that VR will make as big an impact on gaming this gen as motion gaming last gen. In fact, I hope it will do better, since motion gaming was pretty much just a fad after all (and deservedly so, in my opinion).

ReplyQuote