Notifications
Clear all

Strike WIng - May status update

Vaipa
(@vaipa)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

we've posted a new dev diary on the site talking about what's up with Strike Wing.

http://www.strikewing.net/developer-diary-2-may-status-update-for-strike-wing

Enjoy!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Great update Vaipa

Was watching this video I found online...

And had a few questions, and first off the new HUD looks to be functioning well and looks good too in the video.

On gameplay, is there campaign missions or is it 'wave' based as in the video? And i'm sure this video is of non-beta version, but I notived that some explosions didn't kick off when they occurred, kinda like the timing was off. And are there missiles?

Looks like you are also borrowing some of the backdrops from HW 🙂

ReplyQuote
Vaipa
(@vaipa)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Well.. those are some video recording tests that i've done some time ago. The sounds are still not 100% where they should be, but they will be in the final build (we hope :D) . That being said I should've put the video on unlisted 😛

As for the missions, there will be wave missions, capital ship assault missions, defend missions, and whatever else we can cook up that makes sense for a mobile game. We are quite limited in the controls department, so we can't make some of the more complex missions that we already had in the game, so we need to focus on what we can do well.   For example, multiple simultaneous objectives like we had in Heresy War don't work well.

ReplyQuote