Notifications
Clear all

d3dx9_29.dll not found?

gingerprince
(@gingerprince)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, have only just stumbled accross the site after years of waiting for someone to do something about Elite and all of its offspring. Having sucessfully downloaded FFE D3D from the complete secton when I try to run the program using the instuctions in the README file I get a message stating "this application has failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll is not found"? Can anyone shed any light on the possible reason for this and how I can get it sorted. I have had 8 cold beers sitting next to the computer all night in preperation for revisiting my youth and they are starting to get warm!

Kind regards and thanks for any help you can provide.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I think this is a dx problem so.

Have you installed DirectX. 9 or 10 on your computer as the game require it and if you have try a restart. ❓

ReplyQuote
gingerprince
(@gingerprince)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

have downloaded directX 9 and restarted, now when I try to run the game I get a message saying ""WinFFE Startup error Failed create a device". It opens a window for the game then tht appears, is it because I have Vista?

Thank you for any help

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If you downloaded the package from SSC I know for a fact it runs just fine on Windows7 so it should work on Vista. What I would do is uninstall DirectX9 and re-install it and make sure your gfx card drivers are up to date. Then try running FFED3D again.

Read this thread: gaming-f20/graphics-card-drivers-and-directx-t25.html

ReplyQuote
MitchellLeonardo
(@mitchellleonardo)
Crewman Registered

gingerprince wrote:
Hello everyone, have only just stumbled accross the site after years of waiting for someone to do something about Elite and all of its offspring. Having sucessfully downloaded FFE D3D from the complete secton when I try to run the program using the instuctions in the README file I get a message stating "this application has failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll is not found"? Can anyone shed any light on the possible reason for this and how I can get it sorted. I have had 8 cold beers sitting next to the computer all night in preperation for revisiting my youth and they are starting to get warm!

hi,

You can go to this site "fix-all-dll-errors.com"

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/d3dx9_29.dll/

This site will fix your problem just click "Fix dll errors now" button..

worked in my case. 🙂

ReplyQuote
JeanAHough
(@jeanahough)
Crewman Registered

gingerprince wrote:

Hi ginger,

d3dx9_29.dll

This is because you are missing a file.

Step 1. You can download http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_29-dll/ here.

Step 2. Paste this file into your system32 and system folder. Also put it in your syswow

Step 3. Navigate to your System32(32Bit OS) or SyWOW64(64Bit OS) Folder.

Note: The location of System32 or SyWOW64 is

C:Windows\System32 (If you are using 32Bit Windows)

)C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you are using 64Bit Windows)

Step 4.Paste the d3dx9_29.dll into this folder.

Step 5.Run the game. It might work now.

ReplyQuote