Notifications
Clear all

Star Trek Infinite

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Teaser trailer for new game and I believe it's some sort of strategy game, big reveal on the 16th.

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Ooooh, this could be good. PLEASE let there be some good story behind this and would be nice if maybe any voice actors of actual TV/Movie characters be voiced by the actual actors would be nice touch. I have always liked SW and ST games when they put good effort into the IP they are working with. Now its up to them, already a big fan of ST they just need to make a game that compels me to buy it 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Had completely forgotten about this, looks a bit of a budget game from the trailer. 

ReplyQuote
classyk
(@classyk)
Senior Chief Registered

I remember seeing a good talk by one of the devs of the Spongebob Squarepants games and he was like "we spent a lot of time on the gameplay but all people wanted was Spongebob sounds". I guess that should be the priority for franchise games. This looks okay but all the Star Trek strategy games come off as a bit lifeless to me. Like, TNG battles in the show were very sedate (Enterprise doesn't move, fires a few phaser shots, two or three torpedoes) ... it's must be tough to translate that authentically into a modern game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I still reckon the best Star Trek games are the point and click adventures one, they just managed to capture the whole look and feel of the original show. 

ReplyQuote