Notifications
Clear all

Download Wing Commander Saga now!

Sphynx
(@sphynx)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn is now officially launched. It's free, and it's hosted right here on this site. Go grab it at the downloads section, and happy hunting!

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

A great day for the SSC! 🙂 Many thanks for this Sphynx!. 😎

Here is a direct link to the download http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/ft ... ander_Saga

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I highly recommend you play, if you call yourself a WC fan you have to play this game. 🙂

wrote a review here: http://spacesimcentral.com/?p=735

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Downloading now! 😀

My only problem is finding time to play it this weekend; the weather's supposed to be good and I've a ton of things planned. Might have to pull an all-nighter with copious amounts of coffee...

By the way, try other sites for a faster download, links here, because SSC's download seems pretty slow at the moment (sorry D1!)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

AH this might be the reason I could not get connected to the site yesterday.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Blame GoDaddy, they provide unlimited bandwidth I am unsure if they throttle it though. They probably do just like every other carrier and provider out there, they claim unlimited bandwidth but they slow the speed down. I thought about buying a dedicated server for SSC but too much to maintain. But if SSC someday makes enough to support that then I will get one.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

WOW !!!

I have not played Wing Commander is SUCH a long time......not since the very last installment in the 90s, WC 5.

This game is AMAZING, it is not "like" Wing Commander.... it *IS* Wing Commander !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All WC fans will just LOVE IT !!!!!!

AMAZING work to the dev team......"amazing" is actually such a poor adjective though, the feel, the music, the AMAZING manual, everything is 100% Wing Commander..............

This is what you get when FANS are involved and Commercial interest is put aside !!!! The PERFECT game !

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Apparently you can purchase WC1+2 and WC3 from www.gog.com

Seems a great site. You can pay with paypal and you get the title very cheaply AND no DRM AND it says it works with modern OS'

Anyone ever use www.gog.com ? Only games 10 years old + are on there.

I have all the WC's but I am considering getting the GOG versions as they are patched and ready to go.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

If I remember correctly is that WC1&2 need DOSBox to run.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

www.gog.com says nothing about DOSBOX they do say their games are patched though so I am hoping DOSBOX is not needed! The majority of titles I want there I already actually own but having a patched one that would work straight on Win 7 would just be useful. I won't be happy if everything I want to get needs DOSBOX because then I would have wasted my money ! I could have just inserted the real disk sitting here!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

That my understanding that GOG uses DosBox for it dos games here’s an old list of GOG games that use Dosbox.

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GOG_games_that_use_DOSBox

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Cheers Pinback ... or should I say Bill Frueg ? 🙂

Well I guess there is no point me getting those from GOG.COM as I already have the actual disks and I can dosbox them myself.....

pity.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Styggron

I usually use D-Fend Reloaded with my older games, with an easy to use GUI for Dos Box for my older games, here is a link http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/Download.html

The GOG versions of WC all come with Dos Box built into the package as Pinback said and run with no issues on Windows 7. For you with the original disks, just play around with the settings and you will be blasting those fleabags in no time am sure 😉

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered

Cheers Geraldine, I can try that too. Might be easier to configure. I remember used to having to write autoexec and config.sys files....

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Just noticed WC IV is now on GOG 😎 http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/wing_com ... f_freedom/

I wonder if they will get the 5th one?

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

just realized this game has the same controls as Freespace 2. convenient! now i don't have to write all those controls down. im really enjoying this game so far.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Couple days ago I updated the download area for WCS and uploaded the mod tools, soundtrack and patch

ReplyQuote
DoctorRoXo
(@doctorroxo)
Senior Chief Registered

DarkOne wrote:
Couple days ago I updated the download area for WCS and uploaded the mod tools, soundtrack and patch

i noticed that. might check out those mod tools. still can't believe this game was free. 😀

ReplyQuote
TechnicalBYTE
(@technicalbyte)
Senior Chief Registered

Just got the game off the disk of PC Powerplay. It's fantastic, and has a really high quality feeling to it. The large amount of voice acting is awesome too. 'Fraid I didn't have the privilege to grow up in the time of Wing Commander, but even by itself it's fun to play. I'm up to the mission where you engage the Kalrathi Ace, who kicked my ass within twenty seconds after I failed epicly to destroy the two corvettes with minimal hull damage... 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Keep at it Technical Byte and you can still play the WC series you can go to GOG.com and buy them all now, I think except for WCV.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

DarkOne wrote:
except for WCV.

Oh, I am sure this will be on GOG too, sooner or later 😉

ReplyQuote