Notifications
Clear all

Spaceships on a racing track?

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

it's a bit off topic, but at least some spaceships to "fly" around with in a uncommon environment.

in reverse, them thought too, space ships are off topic for a racing game.

if you fortunatly own a copy of Need for Speed, High Stakes, here they are :

you will find all ports of the FE2 models for NFS4 i did on,

www.nfscars.net car&author potsmoke66

to run them in the game, you will need following mod at least (and a allready "unlocked" game),

www.nfscars.net track&author ollee

ollee has also did some lowpoly startrek models for his tracks,

www.nfscars.net car&author ollee

i suggest, that you will install a separate version of NFS4, to fit to Ollees tracks, his and my models.

not so easy done, you will need a nocd hack perhaps. but you will find everything you need on nfscars.net

some screen shots,

th_cobramk1_02.jpg th_courier_01.jpg th_lifter03.jpg th_viper_a03.jpg th_nfs4_lynx.jpg th_cobramk1_01.jpg th_lifter02.jpg th_nfs4_shuttle.jpg

this was my start to 3D models, approx. 10 years ago. 😉

hey, you might think they're ported from the game, no, each one was build after t/bo/s/f/ba screenshots of FE2!

except for the Viper, thats a unique design by me.

modeling with CarCAD is a challenge, place and move vertices with keystrokes, add polys on selected verts, but you havn't any control over the winding order (comes randomly, no matter if you select verts clockwise or counterclk.)

on the other hand useful to create models from screenshots, place the verts on the 3 views of the shots, got the right shape, that's why they are so close to the original FE2 models(mostly).

if you really like to play the mod, use the lifter or shuttle they're best to control, other ships are to big, or to fast, or to hard to handle.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have Need For Speed Carbon, Potsmoke. Would your ships work with that?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i have no idea, haven't that game, usually NFS cars aren't 1:1 in any of their releases, even not between NFS3 & 4 (almost but not 100%), so i guess unfortunatly no.

Filetype used for NFS4 & 3 is .FCE a very EA own model type format, they are packed into .VIV (a huffman compression archive type) also EA specific often used (NFS, Sims, Tiger Woods, NBA......) but each game got is own specifications of that to (horrible EA). also expect allways generational changes from year to year of their releases (i said EA mafia style).

but i will check NFS cars.net for that, if a conversion by pressing of a button is possible i will do it, the other thing are the cars specs, i can do the models maybe, maybe even the right archive type (i got a multi EA packer it's originally made for the several types of NBA, NFL, NHL exists), but i have no idea about car specs in "carbon"

holy makaroly, Electronic Arts

especially the u.s. division, british didn't exist anymore i guess (my be loved Sports Car GT is coming from, unbeaten, real cars on real race tracks with fantastic close to real physics, ask the aussies about they lovit like me)

i will do a review for shure of that superb old ('98) game on my newly opened webside (unfortunatly in german, but i want to get some attraction to gertman speaking people for SSC and Frontier and ... and... and), i guess images of the CD can be found in web still. else if you find one to buy it shouldn't be expensive, stores sold it for 3£ or so here in the end.

if you ever wanted to drive a car with no abs no esc or whatever modern electronic helpers, such as a Jaguar D type, the one with the fin.

holy makaroly

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Tsk, EA are a nuisance right enough, might be able to come across a cheap copy of NFS 3 on Amazon or Ebay, thanks for the info Potsmoke 😉

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

good news, it seems not to be so hard to get them to carbon since i used zanoza (Z3D) for my original models to (at least you can import .fce to it easy).

could take some time, would have to send you then one test model, because i haven't nfs carbon to check myself the result.

but in general it will be fine because the dude who created the conversion tool did a very good job! and you can port the models direct from Z3D to carbon

only one thing left to do for me, texture format is dds (direct draw surface) i haven't any suitable prog i guess, maybe gimp, i will checkout.

after i fixed the missing icons in FFED3D (how could that happen? i "never" had) 😕

btw, a ford gt40 '67 would be nice to?

for all the rest, cars and such things: http://www.nfscars.net/home/index/carbon.aspx

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks again Potsmoke! 🙂

ReplyQuote