Notifications
Clear all

New here

GreyLens
(@greylens)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, what a great site to find!! Thanks to Darkone for doing this (I hope you're the site owner 😳 )

Back in the 80's I bought a Tandy 8088xt with a 360k floppy and 64k memory and played the hell out of StarFlight. I loved that game and never found another like it. Freelancer, Protostar, Privateer, et. al. never seemed to capture my interest like StarFlight. After leaving the genre behind for the thrill of FPS games of the 90s I'm back to looking for StarFlight type games. I understand there is a new StarFlight project in the works called StarFlight: The Lost Colony. They've released a "Beta 4" but the game looks like it's fresh out of the 80s so I haven't tried playing it... It's the kind of game I'm looking for so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears.

Live long and prosper!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome to SSC GreyLens and SSC is my creation and hope in time it will grow to be the epicenter of all space gaming conversation and a great place for all fans of space games will be able to exchange ideas and thoughts on the scene. And if lucky enough we will get a lot of devs showing up here to get feedback and ideas for there games 😉

The Lost Colony is a great project and it is nearing the final stages and is definitely worth a play if no one has played it. Another you might want to check out is GreyLens is Naev.

Enjoy SSC and see ya in the forums!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC GreyLens 🙂

Hope you have fun reading the posts and don't forget to have a look at the download area. You may uncover something you might like there.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hello Greylens

Can’t think of any modern game which is like Starflight, you mentioned Protostar which is the unofficial sequel to the Starflight games. There is 3030 Deathwar which is a good 2D clone of Elite with a storyline and a lot atmosphere, you can find it the download section of the forum. You may want to check out the indie Starflight games (no relation to the original games), also in the download section.

Come to think about it Mass Effect may be the closest modern game to the Starflight games.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I would second that Pinback as I have finished Mass Effect 1 and just about to go into the endgame on Mass Effect 2 😮 Hope the team I spent the whole game building are up to it! 🙄

ReplyQuote
Solace
(@solace)
Senior Chief Registered

Welcome to the forums!

ReplyQuote