Chinese Rover Succe...

Notifications
Clear all

Chinese Rover Successfully Landed on the Moon

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Since noone has posted this yet although it's quite old news already.

http://news.discovery.com/space/chinas-rover-rolls-yutu-begins-moon-mission-131214.htm

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

By now I though we'd have entire colonies up there, not just a puny rover .... so I'm not feeling impressed but rather sad actually.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

By now I though we'd have entire colonies up there, not just a puny rover .... so I'm not feeling impressed but rather sad actually.

<nods> Yeah... it all seemed so promising, forty years ago.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I seriously hate people's "been there, done that 30 years ago" attitude while we humans never actually made further progress there than what we've done 30 years ago though.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Why have the international space station sitting above the earth when it could be on the moon. It has really been a shame at all the time humanity has wasted being idle on exploration of space. Some of the most economic times in the world have been because of exploration. I would hope space doesn't become the next place to war over and we can come together and look at enhancing our lives and knowledge.

They need to train us and send us all into space for the betterment of mankind 🙂

ReplyQuote