Notifications
Clear all

a minor refuelling bug

ZacharySmith
(@zacharysmith)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

So - Every time I went to use H2O from my cargo hold to refuel, the game crashed and I got an error message referring me to line 126 in the ship.lua file - I'm not in any way competent with programming, but back in the XZ Spectrum days I played around with BASIC.  Long story short - the line doesn't do anything, I think it calls a function that isn't there and it can be REM'd out with the double hyphen with no ill effects, and restoring the ability to refuel in flight.

This will probably be of no interest to most people here, but on the off-chance someone else is having the same issue - it's easily fixable.

On the plus side, not being able to refuel in flight has got me using the navigation tools a lot more, not to mention gravity, but it has been annoying to mistime a burn and sail off into the void for want of the means to get the water in the hold, to the engines 🙂

fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Interesting, I've just tried this without a problem and line 126 looks like the start of a function block assignment, i.e: it's assigning the function it's defining to the "ship.Refuel" pointer (I'm not sure what the correct Lua terminology is either!) but it all looks ok.

What OS and version of Pioneer are you running?

ReplyQuote
lwho
 lwho
(@lwho)
Petty Officer Registered

@fluffyfreak: I think ZacharySmith was talking about an already fixed bug (missing import of "Translate"), see http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3906-crashing-game/?p=43303 and following posts in "crashing game" thread.

ReplyQuote
ZacharySmith
(@zacharysmith)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

@fluffyfreak: I think ZacharySmith was talking about an already fixed bug (missing import of "Translate"), see http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/3906-crashing-game/?p=43303 and following posts in "crashing game" thread.

Yeah - exactly that - I posted this and read the other thread about thirty-five seconds later.  In my defence when I first started having this problem, I searched here for a solution and didn't find one, which is what prompted me to post mine - A day late ad a dollar short it seems 🙂

ReplyQuote