Notifications
Clear all

Crashing on startup.

Cookie
(@cookie)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I was excited to hear about Pioneer and started downloading the binary immediatly. When I extracted it and started up the .exe it just had a white screen and an error saying: glLoadGen fail to load functions. Any ideas? I haven't done anything to the code, and I have an output.txt if you need it. Please help me 🙁

fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yes the content of the "output.txt" and "opengl.txt" files would be very helpful, as would the specification of your PC: CPU, GPU, RAM and OS.

ReplyQuote
Cookie
(@cookie)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you for the reply. I have the output.txt aswell as my system specs attached to this post. Although, I do not have the opengl.txt file. I've looked in the documents folder, but only have two things inside: a folder named 'mods' and the output.txt file. Unless it's placed elsewere, I don't have it. Since the the attached thumbnail mentions it, I'll throw in that I also have a 2TB hard drive.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Worrying.

Ok there should also be a "config.ini" in the same folder as the "output.txt", if you can open that and make sure that the line with "RedirectStdio" is set to "RedirectStdio=1".

If it's not creating the "opengl.txt" file then it's failing before it gets the chance.

Is there an integrated GPU too? Do you have the latest drivers for the nVidia GPU?

Andy

ReplyQuote
Cookie
(@cookie)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Worrying.

Ok there should also be a "config.ini" in the same folder as the "output.txt", if you can open that and make sure that the line with "RedirectStdio" is set to "RedirectStdio=1".

If it's not creating the "opengl.txt" file then it's failing before it gets the chance.

Is there an integrated GPU too? Do you have the latest drivers for the nVidia GPU?

Ah, that's the problem. After updating my drivers, I decided to give it a go... It works 😀 Thanks. Now I just have to learn the controls.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Good first-time starter tip is that after taking off from a planet, press F5 to switch to a fixed speed setting. That way you won't immediately drop back out of the sky and crash into the landing pad 🙂

Glad you got it working, have fun, ask around for anything else you need to know.

ReplyQuote
OhMyLumpinGlob
(@ohmylumpinglob)
Crewman Registered

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue and error message. When I look in the Pioneer folder in my Documents directory I see an output.txt (attached) and an empty 'mods' folder. I can't find a config.ini file. I'm on a laptop, if that makes a difference.

Any possible solutions?

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Need a bit more information to go on than that, what GPU / graphics card do you have?

Normally there's a file called "opengl.txt" that's created that tells us that info but it's failing before that can be created.

ReplyQuote
OhMyLumpinGlob
(@ohmylumpinglob)
Crewman Registered

I think it's just an integrated set.

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

DAC type: Internal

Display Memory: 1309 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

Shared Memory: 1245 MB

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Ah in that case it's one of these and only supports OpenGl 2.1 whereas Pioneer requires OpenGL 3.1 so it won't run on your laptop 🙁

Sorry.

ReplyQuote
OhMyLumpinGlob
(@ohmylumpinglob)
Crewman Registered

I feared as much. Thanks for your help.

ReplyQuote