Clear all

one word - WOW ........

Rob
 Rob
(@rob)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys

Please bear with me …. After returning home from having been working away for 18 months and spending the summer catching up with family and friends I thought to myself I really need to have something to do to pass away those long autumn and winter nights. I know, I thought, ill check in and see how that FFED3D project is going – to my dismay it seems to have faltered a bit but then I remembered a website I stumbled on late 2009 where some ‘beardy weirdies’ were resurrecting Frontier, but as there wasn’t much progress back then and beyond a few juicy screenshots nothing much else, I wasn’t expecting any great developments .... ‘but they might have made some progress’ I said to myself …..

Well to quote my son ‘OMG’ !!! 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

I dunno what to say – Thanks for everyone’s effort seems to be appropriate but just not enough ………. 😳

As an aging Elite die hard who still longs for the days of his youth flying through hostile systems to the tap of an Amiga keyboard I just want to say Pioneer is ....

F A N T A S T I C

I really was ‘gobsmacked’ on Saturday night when I saw the progress – goodbye xbox – hello PC 😀 😀 😀

Thanks to all – I look forward to seeing how this grows and grows ……… and getting lost in space at long last 😉 🙂 😀

Rob

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Rob

The devs really like posts like yours as it reminds them just how special Pioneer is to us fans of the old Elite games. Yep, they are all amazing guys (beards included 😆 ) for doing this and deserve all the praise they get 😎

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Thanks Rob, we're glad your enjoying it 🙂

ReplyQuote
Rob
 Rob
(@rob)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

thanks Geraldine and s2odan,

appreciate the reply....

Pioneer is special, i never realised how much until this last week of playing - if this is Alpha i cant wait till beta and then full version

just flying over the terrains, oribiting planets and stars is amazing and a real tonic to my day job. 😀 😀

i cant imagine the work that has gone into this project and i just wish i could help with things in some way, but i know nowt about programming. i'm just a player, a consumer at best, but this is an amazing project for old 40something geeks like me 😳 😀

many, many thanks to all

you are keeping the dream alive

Rob

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Rob wrote:
i cant imagine the work that has gone into this project and i just wish i could help with things in some way, but i know nowt about programming. i'm just a player, a consumer at best, but this is an amazing project for old 40something geeks like me 😳 😀

There is always things even a player can do to assist, even if you don't know anything about programming. 😀 Bugs reports are one of the important things a non-programmer can do, as we can't test it on all systems and configurations.

Many of the new features have come from ideas and suggestions from 'players'.

Welcome aboard!

ReplyQuote
Rob
 Rob
(@rob)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Philbywhizz,

you are of course right - and hopefully myself and other non programmers can continue to feel part of the evolution of this project - i think everyone feeling valued within a community makes for a far better end result - i know from reading most of the post that this is a very friendly co-operative and one that i am sure will continue to grow from strength to strength

cheers

Rob

ReplyQuote