Notifications
Clear all

Pioneer updated to SDL2

robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Fyi, Pioneer has just been updated to use SDL2. SDL makes different platforms look the same to our code, so we don't need to care too much about differences between operating systems, keyboards, joysticks and whatever else. Its very cool. Build 201309.116 will be up shortly containing this new code.

The single player-visible difference is that keybindings are now stored differently in the config file. So when you start the game you will likely have to reconfigure your bindings. To reset them entirely, open your config.ini and remove all the lines starting with "Bind". They will be reset to defaults on next game run.

I've done extensive testing on the Linux version, minimal on Windows and none at all on OS X. Please create an issue if you see anything that seems to be broken as a result of this change.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

That's great news Robn and I am thankful I checked here one last time before updating ModDB. I will go with version 201309.116 for this month's update. If I get any reports on ModDB of bugs in the windows version, I will pass them on to you guys, great work!

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

The Linux builds failed for 201309.116. I'm sorting that out now. There will be a new build in a couple of hours, 201309.117. This will work properly on Linux and have a bugfix in the modelviewer, so that one is preferable. But .116 Windows is fine, so don't stress it if you've already posted 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Phew! Dont scare me like that Robn,  Yes its up and getting plenty of hits, (ranked 81 no less on ModDB at last check) well done to you and the rest of the team!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Drat I have been locked out of my GitHub account and cant access it to raise an issue, but picked up a PM related to version 201309.116 on ModDB. Basically a user called Fargo69 is experiencing a crash and then a large memory dump using an XP based laptop with an Nvidia Quadro 140m graphics. I suspect this might be the cause but thought I would ask first. I also didn't want to clutter up the dev forum with this bug report. So hope you don't mind me asking here Robn.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah, I got that email too. Usual story - I need the exact error message, and stdout.txt/stderr.txt/opengl.txt.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks Robn. I passed that along and advised them to visit Git Hub too. I am thinking that from now on I might put that advice in with the news section each month. Might be helpful as well for the players to see what issues are being looked at.

ReplyQuote
robn
 robn
(@robn)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I lied about the new build number. Because we rolled over into October by the time I got it fixed, build 201310.47 has all the fixes and should work properly everywhere. 201309.116 is close enough for Windows users, so no need to do anything Geraldine 🙂

ReplyQuote
pazuzu
(@pazuzu)
Petty Officer Registered

linux 64 build: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

robn brings you the shiny shiny 😀

ReplyQuote