Notifications
Clear all

Production Begins On BSG Prequel Blood & Chrome

shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I'm one big fan of the BSG series, so I can't wait for this one 🙂

Lets just hope I doesnt get as bad as the Caprica series.

Blood & Chrome is set during the 10th year of the First Cylon War, which takes place between the shows Caprica and Battlestar Galactica. The end of the First Cylon War also was depicted in the webisode series, Battlestar Galactica: Razor Flashbacks, released in 2007.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... roduction/

Quote:
Fans disappointed over the failure of Syfy’s Capria can at least rest comfortably in the knowledge that the network has faith in co-creator David Eick’s overarching vision for the rebooted franchise. Production is officially under way on Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome, a BSG prequel series set after Caprica and chronicling a young Bill Adama’s exploits during the first Cylon War, according to a press release from the network.

The news come only weeks after we got confirmation that Lucas Pasqualino, star of the UK TV series Skins, had been cast in the lead Adama role. He’ll star opposite Ben Cotton and the just-confirmed Lili Bordan, playing Dr. Beka Kelly, a former employee of Graystone Industries, creator of the Cylon robots. Kelly joins Adama and Coker Fasjovik (Cotton) aboard the newly christened Galactica, where she is conducting a top-secret military mission. Kelly and Adama will work closely together and “quickly establish a rapport,” the press release notes.

The two-hour pilot is shooting now in Vancouver, which hopefully means it is coming to air later this year.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Another movie that I can't wait to watch ! I'm curious to see how the cylons got to rebel against the makers and by the looks of it, this show should explain it ... I believe.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Tell me, how exactly is this supposed to be better than a Caprica season 2 would have been...?

I thought Caprica started off pretty slowly, but found its footing towards the end of season 1, then they gave up on it...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Guess I need to finish up watching BSG 🙂 Or maybe i'll wait and watch this one from the beginning and then watch BSG.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I reckon your better off watching BSG first, no doubt this would contain information that is not immediately shown in BSG which could ruin a lot of the plot points.

Plus it will probably be about 5 years before you can sit down and watch it all 😉

ReplyQuote