Notifications
Clear all

Firefly Universe Online (FUO)

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like DarkCryo Entertainment might be trying to make a MMO in the Firefly universe....

http://darkcryo.com/

Is it a good idea? Yes and No. Yes, because of the fact it would be great to have one. But no, because I doubt the game will meet the players expectations of the series and the passion some people have for the universe. Because really that is the audience you want to capture, if they can do it right people will play it. But with the new batch of these top tier games that are being worked on they will be battling for peoples attention and dollars.

But it looks like with that counter that they might be doing funding via kickstarter... we'll see in 15 days.

StarMax
(@starmax)
Senior Chief Registered

A tuff one.

Firefly is one cherished ip's around and most people will be thrilled for any form of new content.

But then again like stated...the expectations will be bigger.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I loved the Firefly universe but I doubt a game can capture that feeling and still be appealing to the masses. This is a very niche game settings, mostly for hard-core fans of the series. Most likely it will just feature a few firefly-inspired details here and there and that's it. But I guess we'll see when the kickstarter comes. I for one sure hope the game will be very much like the Firefly i loved cause I've been missing that show a lot.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

If I was captain.

I make a single player game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Rather nice video showing the interior of a derelict ship.

What you're seeing in this video is *not* a cinematic. It is a live recording of the Firefly Online 3D Environment Engine at work, which creates the encounter maps for the game.

This brief "walkthrough" of a procedurally-generated derelict ship should give a sense for the level of detail FFO will offer in both encounter maps and player avatars.

The game will have many kinds of encounters for players to enjoy, from  desert wildernesses to floating cities to giant automated ships you can freely explore. When it comes to derelicts, you never know what might have gotten to that tasty bit of salvage before you, and what might still be there, waiting for you to drop by.

It would be a mistake to assume Firefly Online is only horses, spaceships and sidearms. There are things out there in the Black that you should sincerely hope you never run into.

To learn more about Firefly Online, please visit us at www.keepflying.com.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Two new videos, one showing the verse.

And the one showing the games app.

Sound very much like some sort of play to win thing?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well downloading the app on steam or android really give you nothing but news unless you pay $5 for all that stuff they talked about in the video. But if that $5 gets you into the game when its finished that's not a bad entry price. But we don't really have insight as to how this stuff integrates into the final FFO game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Be afraid " Wesley Crusher" has returned.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

haha... wasn't bad voice acting there. I know screenshots are not going to sell this game for me. They need to show some in-game video of what FO is going to be about.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

This game is dead, what a shame. Looks like a Firefly universe style game is never going to see the light of day. The original devs have some sort of other game maybe I should mention in another thread.

ReplyQuote