Notifications
Clear all

Planetside 2 talks possible space combat

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Found a nice little tidbit of info that might be interesting. With EVE Online and Dust514 going to have some connections in the terms of gameplay. It looks like Sony has the same thoughts with Planetside 2.

Quote:

“The long term goal,” said Smed, “is to have environment that is destructible.” If players wreck a base totally, they will have to rebuild it before it can be useful again. He also alluded to EVE Online’s outside-in approach in that they started with space and have since created on- planet game play while their plans are inside-out, with plans for space game play in the future.

Zptr
 Zptr
(@zptr)
Petty Officer Registered

What I like about this news, apart from the idea of having ships in the game itself, is it suggests SOE are somewhat more committed to the idea of developing the game post-launch than was the case with the original.

Hopefully the ships will have multiple stations. Better still, the game will allow for space walk combat, a la Shattered Horizon.

/drools

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

eve online had beter hurry up or sony will beat em

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  
ollobrain wrote:
eve online had beter hurry up or sony will beat em

Agreed. I think Sony really has something here with Planetside 2 and as long as they give players a multitude of options it will be a hit. The combat videos are great and Dust514 is far from being ready or least Sony will have a nice head start in the FPS area. I look at this as maybe Warhawk/Starhawk style game where you can use multiple types of vehicles and ships to battle with.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Oooh a sequel... I always really liked the idea of the first Planetside, although I never actually played it 🙂

ReplyQuote