Notifications
Clear all

Star Sonata

Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone of you is playing Star Sonata. It is a 2D-Space MMORPG. I think its F2P, at least most content of the game.

The features look very promising(vast universe, many missions, dozens of differents ships, personal starbases...). I just started playing so i can't tell if its get boring after a while, but till now the gameplay is quite fun.

Check it out:

http://www.starsonata.com/

IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

I remember trying this game. This is probably the wrong section. I'm pretty certain its not a 4x game. That being said, I personally didn't like Star Sonata, in my opinion it was like Dark Orbit. Really awful community imo. Griefers, whiners, and clans that ruin everything for everyone. I wish I was talking about the forums, but in game, its just... bleck. I had a really poor impression of the admins as well.

Anyway, best of luck with it, I'm sure we have a few more players about.

ReplyQuote
Grimm
(@grimm)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

It is not a 4X but a space rpg, so i think this section is right;)

Sadly i think you are right when you say that the community is quite poor. The Clans seem very... hm... strange to me, at least this ones with forum activity.

And unfortunatly it is not F2P. If you reach level 20 you have to subscribe.

So it looks really like dark orbit. Typical case of wrong first impression of mine^^

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I did try star sonata over a year ago and I had the same assessment of the game as Ironhound. Free or not you cannot let players just be asses to the newbs in the game it kills the growth of the game. When I play free games if I am griefed to death in the first few hours I play then I never come back to it.

ReplyQuote