Notifications
Clear all

Chorus

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Another game which I could have swore their was a thread for, either that or going crazy, probably going crazy. 🤣 

Look like a J.A.S.S game or Just Another Space Shooter, seems to have the usual stuff that comes with a space shooter, this time playing the chosen one who running away and looking at some of the game play it may be using the WASD control scheme.

Looks like it made by Fishlabs who did Galaxy on Fire 3 but not the first two games as that original team left to form Rockfish and make the everspace games.

Out Dec 3 and if you are daft enough you can pre order on Steam Pre-purchase Chorus on Steam (steampowered.com)

From Steam

ABOUT THIS GAME

Take control of Nara, once the Circle’s deadliest warrior, now their most wanted fugitive, on a quest to destroy the dark cult that created her. Unlock devastating weapons and mind-bending abilities in a true evolution of the space-combat shooter. Along with Forsaken, her sentient starfighter, explore ancient temples, engage in exhilarating zero-g combat, and venture beyond our waking reality.

A JOURNEY OF REDEMPTION

Lead Nara, an ace pilot facing her haunted past, and Forsaken, her sentient ship. Their quest for redemption will take them across the galaxy and beyond the boundaries of reality, as they fight to unite resistance forces against the Circle and their leader, the Great Prophet, at all costs.

VENTURE BEYOND THE VOID

Enter a dark new universe, teeming with mystery and rife with conflict. Explore epic locations such as sprawling space stations and strange planes of existence beyond our own. Engage in exhilarating zero-g dogfights from epic cosmic vistas to tight crystalline corridors. Chorus balances the scale and spectacle of space exploration with frenetic, fast-paced action. 

ONE PILOT, ONE SHIP, ONE LIVING WEAPON

Attain powerful and distinct weapons and combat upgrades. Master your ship’s unique drift mechanic and deadly mind-bending abilities, including extra-sensory perception, teleportation and telekinesis, to overcome massive hordes of enemies and take down titanic battleships. Chain your powers together to become the ultimate living weapon.

FEATURES

• A compelling single-player experience
  • Play as dual protagonists Nara and her sentient AI companion and starfighter, Forsaken, on a personal journey of redemption
  • Experience fast-paced, frenetic action that evolves the spirit of classic space shooters
  • Fight to unite resistance forces against the Circle and their ominous leader, the Great Prophet
  • Face down hordes of enemy starfighters, titanic battleships and unknown Void entities
  • Reclaim, upgrade and wield devastating weapons and abilities in zero-g dogfights
  • Explore a dark new sci-fi universe, teeming with mystery and conflict
  • Enjoy gorgeous next gen sci-fi visuals in 4K, from cosmic vistas to sprawling space stations

I would take this review with a pinch of salt.

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just ran across the official trailer for the game, and well I think the best description is very generic and is it my imagination but does it look like a mobile game.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

All very pretty - but is there a first-person POV?

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Not seen any indication of a first person POV, seems to be only third person view.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This game looks very impressive and I would agree I think its only 3rd person but we'll see 😉

With watching the gameplay I think this will play really nice on console especially with those feedback controllers on PS5. The big plus is that it seems to be a story driven experience so it should be entertaining.... just hope it has some exploration in it because the universe they are creating is nice and would be even better to be allowed to go anywhere....

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Picked this up on the PS4 as it was about half the price of the Steam version, so much for digital been cheaper.

So far only played a couple of hours of it and it's a mobile game and I get the feeling that the PC version will have WASD controls as on the PS4 joypad you only have three speed options, normal, boost and cruise,  of which the first two requires you to hold a button down, no speed control here, also has those fast travel gate like Freelancer/XRebirth although they are not very well implemented. 

The game seems to be an open level game in which you can follow the story or go and do some side missions, which are the usual get, fetch and shoot ones along with an annoying time base one which I found. You are also locked into the first arear until you unlock the jumpgate, probably through the story missions, not got that far yet and I think theirs only five, looking at the galactic map.

You can find loot boxes around the level which are found using your scanner (think XRebirth scanner ) which contain mostly credits but some time equipment. Seems to be only one dock able station where you can spend you credits on weapons and upgrades but you don't seem to be able to sell any of the old weapons/ upgrades? and you can also change your loadout here.

Combat not much to say here as it's pretty simple with large hit boxes for the pirates ships although you can be overwhelmed by them and you do have the option to quite a mission which will allow you to get some better equipment before going back to it and you do have a barrel roll.

Not much ship traffic in the game which again I think shows that it's a mobile port. Hub wise everything is in the four corners which makes it useless for keeping an eye on, again mobile game.

Graphic wise nothing much outstanding about it, looks like any other unreal game.

So going to play a bit more and see it I can get further on in the game and see if the other systems in the game offer anything new or will it turn out to be a copy and paste of the first one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Ok moved along a few mission in the story and you get a new ship or the main ship of the game, which seems to have better control than the one you start with, ie it's a bit more of a controllable throttle and it has a drift feature as well.

You pilot also get some new super powers, but you can just consider them ship features.

One thing which is starting to really annoy in the story missions is that they all sofar end in boss fight, with it going some thing like fly to marker, then cut scene, fly some where else, cut scene then boss fight.

Might change later on but I'm not holding out much hope of that.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Posted by: @pinback

end in boss fight, with it going some thing like fly to marker, then cut scene, fly some where else, cut scene then boss fight.

<shudders>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Moved on a bit and the missions have changed a bit to more multi part but if you get killed you dumped right back to the start of the mission, no saving during a mission.

Got into the third system which by the look of it seems to be more asteroids same as the first two area. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I really hate timed mission in games, always get the feeling it just done to slow the player down.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looks like it almost flows like a wing commander style game where there is cutscenes and continuation of the mission etc, and WC had a bit of timed missions in all the games. I know your playing on the PS4 but how is the controls on the controller itself? You don't have to do controller gymnastics do you? haha

Seeing this update, they are adding some nice gfx features and hotas support so that is a plus

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Controls are not bad once you get used to them on the second ship, but were not great on the starter ship.

Wing Commander had a better story then this and over all Chorvs feels like they have just done a grab bag ideas from other games without working any them through. 

ReplyQuote