Notifications
Clear all

Simulator as found in Ender's Game

Skaji
(@skaji)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey community,

i read the "Ender"-Series from author Orson Scott Card several years ago. Today i became aware of the fact that there is a movie adaption to be released in november. That's great! 😀

But now, being reminded of this great book(s) I'm asking myself if there is a strategy game like the one Ender is playing in the end of "Ender's Game". And i don't mean, like, kinda similar, but pretty similar. 

I don't want to play Eve or smth. like this. That's not a tactical game as the simulator in the battle school is providing.

I want fleets, big group movements and all that in 3 dimensions. (That excludes the 5000000000 2D strategy games out there :D)

Also, the gameplay shouldn't be toooo easy, it has to provide challenging difficulty (or maybe there is a multiplayer one?) and the absolute most important thing is, that it can provide possibilities to become better and better (tactical-wise).

So, my question is, can one of you name me one or two qualtiy titles, that come as close as it get's to the game Ender is playing? 🙂

Thanks in advance

-Skaji

Anonymous

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm ??

ReplyQuote
Skaji
(@skaji)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm ??

Ok well... I see, good suggestion. 🙂

But it's said, that there is, quote:

"[...] Starshatter also integrates elements of real-time-strategy games by allowing fleet commanders to direct the battle on a tactical level [...]"

Does that mean, that I can always be in "commander-mode" or is it just temporary?

Since i'm not really interested in dogfighting and stuff 🙂

Thanks for the quick answer!

-Skaji

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

Nexus TJI.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Starshatter you can be the captain or the admiral - you can jump from ship to ship or get them to follow high level orders.  

Isn't Homeworld I/II sort of what you are looking for - it's 3D, has big fleets 30/40 ships plus 100+ fighters and is a tactical game.

ReplyQuote
Skaji
(@skaji)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks you 2 for the suggestions 🙂

I took a look at Nexus tji and Homeworld and both look super promising. Especially the big fleet fights in Homerworld are convincing as hell 😀

So, thanks, I'll look if I can somehow lay ends on them and test'em 😀

-Skaji

ReplyQuote