Notifications
Clear all

The Tomorrow War

Page 2 / 2

starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Could be! Might you know of such program that would be truly coherent in it's translation and run a 200 page word file?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I was just thinking about Google translate, I have used it on the Russian forums. Not the best translation as some times comes out with strange sentences and it can't deal with any slang.

Maybe just copy and past a page in at a time and see what you get back, rather then doing all 200 pages at once. As each page would have to be gone through to make sure it makes sense in English.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Hmm! interesting!

I might just try this! However i would like the help of a russian/english speaking community versed in TW to be sure everything does well!

Might you know of any TW/Factor K fan communities in russian?

ReplyQuote
LancerSolurus
(@lancersolurus)
Senior Chief Registered

You can also try Rustran.com, in many cases it does a better job than Google at translating. I use it alot for Stalker modding.

BTW, where can this game be purchased at?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I did find this one http://www.zvworld.ru/forums/ as to weather anyone speck English there I don't know

You could try pm one of the mods on the FFE3D section of the Elite games forum and asking if they could put a post up asking for help.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... hp?t=47373

ReplyQuote
Groenelampkap
(@groenelampkap)
Crewman Registered

Hello,

A couple of months ago somebody added a download link with a mod where you can actually make the game more explorable.

But the link is broken.

Could somebody maybe please add the link again. I really want to explore this game's galaxy.

Thanks!

Groenelampkap

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Groenelampkap wrote:
Hello,

A couple of months ago somebody added a download link with a mod where you can actually make the game more explorable.

But the link is broken.

Could somebody maybe please add the link again. I really want to explore this game's galaxy.

Thanks!

Groenelampkap

Hello Groenelampkap

Do you mean the mod that SGDominator was doing, I don’t think he ever upload it.

ReplyQuote
Groenelampkap
(@groenelampkap)
Crewman Registered

Hey Pinback,

Yeah, he mentioned some things he altered that I really liked.

And i saw al link that was made ready for him to upload his "mod".

Too bad if he didn't upload it. I actually like the tomorrow war.

But it would be a better game without the story.

It would be a better game if it would be free roam, explore, mercenary stuff.

I really like when a space game makes the planets "accessible". Space games where you can't fly "to a planet or into a planets atmosphere" don't feel real to me.

I particularly enjoy Evochron. That game also has space to planet transition. I wished the tomorrow war would have the same gameplay.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

But it would be a better game without the story.

It would be a better game if it would be free roam, explore, mercenary stuff.

That's the real shame about Tomorrow War if the game had been more open in its mission structure it would have been a much better game.

The story does make the game very linear, although I did rather enjoy it even with the terrible voice acting. 😆 Not the usual space cadet story you normal get with these game.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

does anyone have a link to SG dominator?

Also, should you nderstand russian, there's also factor K to look forward to!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

If someone has the mod and gives me a link I can upload it or someone can try to upload it to the download area. There is a section for Tomorrow War.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This game is currently free on Indigala

https://freebies.indiegala.com/the-tomorrow-war

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Lots bugs which probably have not been fixed and it might not work on modern systems, but it does have a more interesting story than the usual chosen one saving the universe which bedevils theses Wing Commander clones.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2