Clear all

We are on the last day of Star Citizem, year one , new ships for sale

Elanoides
(@elanoides)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Since noone have posted the last ketter from the chairman, here it is:

Greetings Citizens,

It’s exciting to see sales of the Starfarer tanker push us past another stretch goal. To me, that says that backers understand that Star Citizen is going to be deeper than just a combat game… that we’re going to make unique experiences for all kinds of players, from pirates to refuelers.

Hitting $31 million means you unlock the first of the player-selected role ships, the RSI Orion! Like the Starfarer, the Orion is the kind of ship you probably wouldn’t have flown in Wing Commander… but we intend to make it just as interesting as a fighter or a bomber!

• RSI Orion – Roberts Space Industries’ goal has always been to make the stars available to individual Citizens. Now, with the RSI Orion mining platform, RSI is letting individuals take over a process formerly controlled by megacorporations. The Orion’s features include high-grade turret-mounted tractor beam arrays, durable exterior-accessible ‘saddlebags’ for mineral storage and a cabin designed by the team that brought you the Aurora and Constellation!

The voting is a lot closer now, but it looks like “Explorer” has edged out the crowd to be our next ship!

• Anvil Carrack – The Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. Features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

You have two more chances to vote for a new ship role! By the process of elimination, you’ll be choosing a ship from either Drake Interplanetary, makers of the Cutlass and the Caterpillar, or MISC, makers of the Freelancer and the Starfarer. Choose wisely!

Thank you for your support. Please join me tomorrow at 11 AM PST for a four-hour anniversary livestream direct from Cloud Imperium headquarters in Santa Monica, California. The team is excited to get another chance to interact with the community, and we’re looking forward to talking about some of the work we’ve done in the past year!

— Chris Roberts

As you can see, the livestream starts at 11 AM PST (UTC -8 hours)

Also, Banu merchantman and the Xi'An scout are for sale now, as is a limited amount of Idris-P (0 at the moment, some will be added at 4 different times during the day

Oh, and don't forget to vote, we're about halfway to $32 million now ...

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Makes you wonder how hard it will be to attain a new ship since some of the ship prices are somewhat expensive for the avg gamer. I bought in at the $60 tier and thought about upgrading my ship to a different variant for like $10. But depending on your level you bought the game at and whether you got different ships you could be into the game for $100. RSI is definitely doing well at marketing the game and the ship models and interiors are awesome, I just hope they keep it up and make more options for playing around with pieces of your ship. Will be fun to see how long it takes people to attain high tier ships in SC.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I have a few smaller ships now too (biggest being the Lancer), but some have sunk 1000s of dollars into it, incredible the amount of support that has been generated. I have to ask myself though, if someone simply buys all the best ships even before the game has started, then what do you aim for when playing the game? I hope to buy a Connie or something even bigger once in the game via what I get from trading. That will be fun and have a great feeling of accomplishment to see that big old bus sitting in my hanger.

As for modding the ships the good news is that yes you will be able to overclock engine, guns ect. I think you need a workbench in your hanger to do that though.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

$31 million holy crap that's a phenomenal increase they only posted about hitting $29 million a few days ago. 😯

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Personally, I hope ships will be at least as hard to obtain as battleships and larger in EVE Online (well, "hard" depending on what you're doing).  This of course demands they have significant flexibility, but if they implement what they say they plan there will be plenty of that.  I myself have only LTI on a hornet from upgrading my early backer pledge.  To my surprise it was a great temptation to purchase an additional ship, but decided it would be foolhardy to sink any more money in.

I am pleased they are raising money, but the amount of insurance they are actually selling renews great concerns I have had about where on the vast spectrum of multiplayerness/singleplayerness Star Citizen will ultimately find itself.  Early on, they were discussing an innovative system (I think they gave the process some silly name like "phasing", a term which I do not believe originates from SC) which would allow one to interact with only their friends if they wish, or even play mostly alone.  If this is not so, the reason for concern raised by the sale of so many ships is obvious.  

As a long time player of EVE Online I have much appreciation for meaningful multiplayer, but I was really hoping Star Citizen would allow me more ability to play alone.  As interesting as playing an MMO can be, it often fits into real life very badly, having the abiltiy to stop and come back to what you're doing is just too important to give up easily.  Unfortunately most of the press glibly calls SC an "MMO" with no further qualifications and as far as I know Cloud Imperium hasn't shed much more light on the issue in a long time.  This is my biggest concern about SC by far lately, apart from a vague but legitimate worry that they are overly ambitious.  Everybody buying hundreds of ships could significantly worsen the problem.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered

can't believe people bought into this and then are amazed of how much this game earned. buying ships? really? i mean it is not like we don't know the best they can do in a video game.. you are heading for a nice surprise 😀

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

As interesting as playing an MMO can be, it often fits into real life very badly, having the abiltiy to stop and come back to what you're doing is just too important to give up easily.  Unfortunately most of the press glibly calls SC an "MMO" with no further qualifications and as far as I know Cloud Imperium hasn't shed much more light on the issue in a long time.  This is my biggest concern about SC by far lately, apart from a vague but legitimate worry that they are overly ambitious.  Everybody buying hundreds of ships could significantly worsen the problem.

I do know it has been proposed that you can power down your ship and "hit the bunk" as it were to save your in game progress. I guess your ship would be removed from the instance. On re-joining you are back in the same instance, although (for example) if you were under attack at the time in a PvP type situation, those attacking ships would be replaced by similar NPC ones. That's if I read the proposal correctly that is.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Freaking hell it jumped to $33 million now https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13400-Letter-From-The-Chairman-33-Million  :O :O :O

What a day! Some of you have been with us for over a year now, some of you are just discovering Star Citizen… I am grateful to all of you for what you’re making possible. As I said in the livestream, we’re in this for the long haul: Star Citizen isn’t going to be something you play and discard… we’re building a world you’re going to want to inhabit for years to come.

At $33 million, you unlocked the Anvil Carrack:

• Anvil Carrack – The Anvil Carrack has been the vanguard of every UEE exploration effort in recent years. Featuring reinforced fuel tanks for long-duration flight, a highly advanced jump drive array and a dedicated computer core room that allows it to put the maximum processing power into jump charting operations. Originally a military exclusive, the Carrack is now available for civilian use as a pathfinder spacecraft. Features on-board accommodations to allow for truly self-sufficient flight, including crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite capable of always charting a route home!

Information Runner handily won the final ship role poll… so I am proud to introduce the latest in Drake Interplanetary’s lineup!

• Drake Herald – Knowledge is power, and one of the most valuable commodities is pure information: the 1s and 0s behind everything from UEC ledgers to Citizenship ratings. Whether it’s colonists struggling to stay in contact with the UEE’s central worlds or criminals trading in illicit data, there will always be a need to securely move data. The Drake Herald, small, armored ship, is designed to fit that need and safely get that information from Point A to Point B. Featuring a powerful central engine (for high speed transit and generating the power needed for effective data encryption/containment), advanced encryption software and an armored computer core, the Herald is unique among personal spacecraft in that it is designed to be easily ‘cleaned’ when in danger of capture. The Herald includes an array of heavy duty internal options for data protection, including redundant power subsystems and EMP shielding, and a high-powered broadcast array for data transmission.

I hope you’ve liked having this additional input into Star Citizen’s development. We’ve enjoyed following the discussions related to the ship choices so much that we’d like to keep this process going! For the next five stretch goals, we’d like to add an additional system to the game… and you’re going to pick the major feature! Remember: the system, like the new ships, is simply symbolic of what’s being added to Star Citizen with the additional money. Each stretch goal system represents additional artists, tools, programmers and new technologies that will make the finished project even better!

— Chris Roberts

Also a new poll about locations I would vote all of em but I think water world will get mine.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And it's $34 million now. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13420-Letter-From-The-Chairman-34-Million

We have reached $34 million in crowd funding… without any special promotion, new ship releases or even LTI! Much of this is because new users are finding Star Citizen and the community you’ve helped create every day. I know that we have loyal backers to thank for that: in addition to making the game possible with funding, you’re introducing your friends and families to Star Citizen.

At $34 million, you unlocked the penultimate fan-voted ship role, the MISC Hull C:

• MISC Hull C (Discreet) – Scaling from small “box trucks” to massive supertankers, the MISC range of cargo hulls (A-D) are the standard goods transporter in human space. Extremely configurable, MISC Hulls can be adapted for most any type of transport job: from standard bulk shipping on the patrolled spacelanes to armored cargo hauling on the frontier. While these pre-configured hulls are primarily used for legitimate purposes, the MISC Hull Cs have recently become the favorite for criminals who modify the ship with advanced sensor shadow technology, quick-decompress holds and a variety of hidden compartments without modifying the ship’s body so it will appear to onlookers as standard everyday transports.

Last time, you were asked to vote on a major feature of the next Star Citizen system. The audience resoundingly chose a location on the event horizon of a black hole. As a result, the $36 million stretch goal is the Tamsa System:

• Tamsa System – Located near the fringe of Banu space, Tamsa System features a massive central star that has collapsed into a black hole. Evidence suggests that there were at least two more planets in the system when the star collapsed before the ensuing black hole engulfed them. Only two planets remain in the system, a chthonian world and a gas giant located far from the black hole’s event horizon. Initial surveys indicate that the two outer planets are slowly being pulled towards the black hole, leaving the two as a risky proposition at best for any sort of colonization.

We look forward to showing you more about this system as the locations develop… and the countless others you’ll be exploring in Star Citizen. In the meantime, you can vote on the next location. As with the ship polls, we’ve removed the highest and the lowest options from the previous poll. Now tell us what kind of location you’d like to see next!

Also a bit about player organizations in the game and how they will be set up, more on the site https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13418-All-About-Organizations

One of the first lessons we learned during Star Citizen’s campaign is that players like to form their own groups. Whether you want to game with friends or work with like-minded strangers to impact the universe, you want to come together. We knew going in to the project that Star Citizen would need a robust guild/squadron system… but we had no idea we would need it before the game launched! As soon as the RSI forums went online last year, players were already building their own squadrons, pirate clans, merchant companies and more.

As a result, we decided to start building Organizations into the website today instead of waiting for the game to launch. Players who want to form groups will soon be able to do so right here at RSI… and those groups will transition directly into Star Citizen. The organizations you form today will be the ones you fly with in the ‘verse! The web team at Turbulent has been hard at work integrating these plans and today we’re going to share details about how the first release is going to work.

ReplyQuote